We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naxos to Athens

Portugal
Level Contributor
104 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Naxos to Athens

Hi!

I need to arrive at Athens airport by 14h00 on August 24 coming from Naxos.

I found no flights from Naxos to Athens, but I found several ferrries, the only problem (not a big issue, anyway) beeing that I will have to arrive in the evening of the day before.

Unless anyone knows of flights from Naxos to Athens, I'd be very grateful if someone could help me decide on the following items:

1. Blue Star Delios ferry has plenty of seat classes (economy, air seats in different lounges, business, etc). Since that is a 5h30 trip, during which I may want to rest, which seats would you advise me to buy in order to have a comfortable and resting trip?

2. Could anyone please advise me a quiet, reasonably priced hotel near Athens airport?

Thanks

Luis

PS: by the way, the advices I've been getting from people of this forum have been really useful :)

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naxos to Athens

The air seats are quite comfortable and are reserved so that is a good economical option for the 5 hour trip.

Last year we stayed at Hotel Peris. It is a bout 15 minutes from the airport and they pick you up and drop you off. It is well appointed with a nice shower and a good size room. It is sort of stuck out in the middle of no where but they told us there was a taverna about a 5 minute walk away. Since we arrived at midnight and had to be back at the airport by 4:30 our experience was short but I can certianly vouch for the relaibaility of the pick up and drop off.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,614 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naxos to Athens

If your flight is in the afternoon, I see no reason to stay close to the airport. On the contrary I would rather find a hotel near the ferry in in Pireus. This would be much better than having a long late evening transport to the airport, and a long boring wait the next day. If you stay in Pireus, you may visit the very interesting archeological museum, and have a stroll in the marina area, before entering the X96 bus direct to the airport.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naxos to Athens

Another option, if you are arriving the afternoon before your flight, is to stay in central Athens, then take the metro to the airport the next day. Blue Star arrives in Piraeus docks opposite the metro station, which can be reached by a footbridge. Piraeus to Monastiraki Square takes about 20 minutes. There are several economical hotels in that area, including A for Athens, Attalos and Cecil. Metro from Monastiraki Sq to the airport takes about 45 minutes.

If your flight out of Athens leaves in the afternoon, this would be very easy, and provide you a last evening in Athens.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,962 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naxos to Athens

Here is to give you an idea of the main port in Piraeus (note how close Blue Star is to the metro):

http://tinyurl.com/d5je2l

Monastiraki area

http://tinyurl.com/qvv6nr

5. Re: Naxos to Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 10:17