We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

Hi guys! Looking for a place to stay in early July. Bringing the Fiancee to Greece. Looking for a place anywhere from $50-$100 (Canadian/US Dollars) per night. Just wondering if anyone had any advice on a nice place either on or near the beach preferably with a pool.

We like to party but also relax ;) Not too picky but would like to be somewhere not too far from everything. I know a lot of info it's just don't really know where to start. Any info would be great Thanks!!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,861 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

Hi,

Your request can comply with hundreds of islands and places all over Greece. For how long will you be coming ? What are your main interests in what to see and do ? Also please state your budget in Euro.

In Naxos you will have many options. Have a look at these sites to get some more information and maybe be able to shorten your list of choices:

http://www.naxosnet.com/

http://www.naxos-greece.org/

http://www.naxos.gr/index.php?&sl=EN

www.greeka.com/cyclades/naxos/index.htm

http://www.thenaxosguide.co.uk/

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend stayed in Naxos last year and are going back again this year, we are early 20's so hopefully I may be able to help.

We found it best to stay within walking distance to the town/port where the main life is and to then get buses to other beaches through the day as then your not limited to a bus timetable on a night.

There are a few hotels on St George beach which is ideally located near the town too, and in my opinion this beach was perfectly acceptable as a base and to spend a day or two. We stayed at Villa Naxia Studios which was nice and well-placed, it's directly overlooking the beach so your a stone throw away from the sea. It's around a 10mintue walk into town I'd say and cost us 75 euro a night which I think (according to google at least) is around 100 dollars.

There seems to be a good amount of accommodation in this area though. The Boutique Hotel Glaros looks nice but may cost a little bit more, we almost opted for that hotel this year.

Hope this helped you some.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,641 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

Hello Cullen

Based on your description, "near the beach with a pool and close to everything" in Naxos probably means a couple of possibilities. St George beach area or the west coast beaches near Procopios or Plaka beach.

Normally I recommend St George beach because as hotly points out it is directly adjacent to Naxos town and is a very short stroll from St George to Naxos town with all its activities shopping and dining options. However our experience has always been in late May to Mid June before the main tourist season gets going.

You will be traveling in July and I understand St George can get crowded. For me the proximity of town would overcome any inconvenience of crowding however if that is a problem for you then you could move to the west coast beaches at Procopious and its village or Anna and its small village. Or better yet out to Plaka beach which will be uncrowded with a few hotels and about 5 tavernas spread out over 2 kilometers of beachfront. This will put you 7 km from Naxos town but there is regular bus transportation hourly into town.

Also you should start to thinking in terms of Euros not dollars. So your $100 budget is really about 80 euros which is a reasonable amount for Naxos but might need some research on a hotel at that price as it is in high season.

For comparison here are images of St George Beach

flickr.com/photos/…

And Plaka Beach

flickr.com/photos/…

Have fun planning

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
406 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

Hi there, we visited Naxos last summer and stayed at Ag.Anna. I wouldn't stay there again because the beach was too narrow and crowded and there was a swamp at the back which meant millions of mosquitos in the night.

If you want to be in walking distance from the nightlife do opt for St.George beach, not the best beach of the island but at least very close to town.

If you opt for best beach go for Plaka. I would stay at Maragkas or Plaka area if I went to Naxos again. There were some nice tavernas and chill-out beach bars within walking distance and the beach was great. Ideally, you should rent a car or scooter on Naxos to drive around and be more flexible.

Enjoy!

glasgow
Level Contributor
136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

Hi, we visited Naxos for the first time last year and are returning again this year on an island hopping holiday. We stayed at St George beach for close proximity to town, port and beach. We found the beach perfectly acceptable but also hired an ATV for the duration of our stay and enjoyed visiting the other beaches and mountain villages.

I am sure like us you will enjoy and want to return

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
388 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

Another nod for the St George beach area. I was there in May/June 2012 for 10 nights. I stayed at Spriros Hotel and Naxos Resort - both highly receommended. I am returning to Naxos in May this year for about 4 weeks and at this stage have re-booked Naxos Resort and a few days at Nissaki Hotel (more expensive).

Can't wait!

7. Re: Mid 20's Couple visiting Naxos in Early July. Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 06:18