We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry fully booked?Help

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry fully booked?Help

Hi

Looking to return from Naxos-Mykonos on 11 June this year - all bookings online are showing as full. I didn't think this would be the case but we were hanging on to book as mother-in-law is unwell at the moment. Didn't think I would have this problem!!! There's a company on line called Go Ferry who is showing availability but does anyone know if they are reputable or not? Otherwise does anyone have any smart ideas on what we can do???

thanks in advance...

Belgium
Destination Expert
for Naxos
Level Contributor
465 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

Hi, just to understand, you're looking for a ferry from Naxos to Mykonos on June 11th ?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

If the ferry is sold out then you are not very likely to get tickets via other websites. You may send an email to Seajets to confirm it is not some system error.

Belgium
Destination Expert
for Naxos
Level Contributor
465 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

My experience is that the website might say "full"while some of the travel agencies still can book, sell tickets. My advice is : call the main local travel agencies and see what they say. (in Naxos call Zas travel or Naxos tours)

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,783 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

I checked on danae.gr and Sea Jets own website, and they both say tickets available on 11 June.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

I have checked Seajets website and initially it says seats are available but after selecting accommodation class, they are not.

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

Hi all

Yes a bit confused as seajets says available initially but when at booking stage it says full. Danae website seems to let me book them (which I may well do), I hope they are reputable though. Does anyone have any ideas how else we might be able to get to Myknonos on this date?

Thanks for help!

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,104 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

I would have thought that the Superjet will not be full on that leg of the journey in June. If I were travelling on that date I wouldn't think of booking in advance. So you should be OK just buying the tickets when you get to Naxos. I have tried a booking on Seajets website as well, but I think it's the booking system that's not functioning properly not that it is full. Danae will be reputable if you want to use them, but I think you have to pick up the tickets at their office in Athens. If you are going to book in advance, you really need to book with Seajets or with an agency on Naxos.

Edited: 11 May 2013, 20:49
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,104 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

I would have thought that the Superjet will not be full on that leg of the journey in June. If I were travelling on that date I wouldn't think of booking in advance. So you should be OK just buying the tickets when you get to Naxos. I have tried a booking on Seajets website as well, but I think it's the booking system that's not functioning properly not that it is full. Danae will be reputable if you want to use them, but I think you have to pick up the tickets at their office in Athens. If you are going to book in advance, you really need to book with Seajets or with an agency on Naxos.

Edited: 11 May 2013, 20:52
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,783 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

Danae.gr is as reputable as they come, and in fact is the booking engine for gtp.gr as well. Another way to get from Naxos to Mykonos is via Paros. Take the morning Blue Star from Naxos to Paros, then you have a choice of either SeaJet 2 or FlyingCat 4 to Mykonos.

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry fully booked?Help

Thanks so much everyone. Have now booked one way tickets getting to Naxos and will email some agencies in Naxos to see if they can help with tickets, as indeed all is showing as no availability online for that service. I didn't think this date would be full but I guess I was wrong. If we have to I will look into going via Paros on that date as well. Feel a bit calmer now!