We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

I've noticed that Blue Star's web site is allowing you to book NOW for next years ferries. For the last 6 years since travelling to the Aegean Islands its only ever been possible after about March. Has anyone else notice this change?. I dont mind booking early but quite often I used to get some really good prices as Blue Star used to give substanital discounts if you were quick enough when they came out in March.. Any thoughts welcome!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,366 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

A month ago it was posted in the Greek forums that the schedules for next year ferries were released.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

There is some reason for this. A lot of the ferry companies have released their schedules early for next summer. There was a link to some news article posted on here about a couple of months ago. I think it was the Greek Tourist Board or some other organisation wanting the schedules published early so that foreign tourists who want to book early are encouraged to come to Greece and use the ferries.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

Just curious - are the Blue Star discounts available online? I've never managed to pinpoint the time they are released and was once told that they were only offerred by brick-and-mortar BSF agents. Super economy tickets on Hellenic Seaways, on the other hand, have always been much easier to get.

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
170 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

Very excited to read this as we can now book for our trip next summer!!

We do need to get a high speed ferry for one journey that Bluestar will not cover. Any idea when Hellenic seaways release their schedules?

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
170 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

Sorry, just realised Hellenic Seaways have been released, but I can't book through the website, I have to email to book tickets. My mistake, sorry for jumping on this post :-/

Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

I have just made a reservation online for ferries (business class) from Athens to Naxos (47 euros pp) and Naxos to Santorini (28.5 euros pp).

Ann

7. Re: Blue Star Ferries in June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:16