I am down to a handful of accom's (unsure why I am having SO SO much trouble picking one) and trying to now work out which would be best in light of having a hire car for at least 3 of the 5 days we are on Naxos (6 - 11 May).
Anyone have any advice regarding how easy it is to get in and out of the main town and Agios Georgios beach area... or if staying somewhere like the Anatoli Hotel may be better if parking a car overnight for 2 or 3 nights at least?
Accom's I've shortlisted:
- Anatoli Hotel: further out of town than the others but easiest maybe for getting around the island?
- Studios Naxos: right on Agios Georgios beach
- Studios Stratos: 50m to AG beach
- Nufaro Traditional Studios: 50m to AG beach
- Vasilikos Studios: 50 m to AG beach
- Elia Studios: 120m to AG beach
- Antonio Studios: in/near main square
- Gerontakis Studios: somewhere midway b/w AG beach & main square (about 400m each way?)
ANY opinions, advice, 2 bob's worth would be appreciated with respect to either lodgings themselves (if one stands out over the rest as all are similar in price) OR especially in regard to ease of parking a car and driving in/out to various other parts of the island.
At the moment I'm thinking we stay the 5 nights (if we only stay in Santorini for 3 nights instead of 5 nights then Naxos could be 7 nights) in the same place and just day trip each day. Any thoughts on splitting this and staying 2 nights on arrival then maybe just picking up accoms on the rest of the island as we drive around instead?
Thank you in advance for any insights whatsoever... :)