We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini-Naxos-Koufonissi Ferry

3 posts
Save Topic
Santorini-Naxos-Koufonissi Ferry

Hi There - we are starting to work through our itinerary to the Cyclades and I was hoping I could get some advice on the ferry logistics.

We are planning to be in Santorini from 9/5-9/9 and then taking a ferry on 9/9 to Naxos. We are planning to be in Naxos for a couple days and then taking a ferry to Koufonissi. From Koufonissi I found a ferry headed back to Athens (at 6:40 AM).

We have never been to the Cyclades so I wanted to make sure this sounded right and doable. Also, I have looked up all these ferry routs and can book them all now - I was wondering if we need to book these ferries in advance or if we can wait until we get there in case we have any change in plans?

Thanks for any help!!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini-Naxos-Koufonissi Ferry

This is a good and doable plan. Ferries will not be full in September.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini-Naxos-Koufonissi Ferry

Hi,

In general it's better to put a main island like Naxos at the end before going to Piraeus/Athens. As such islands have more daily ferries than little Koufonisi, but that may depend on what buffer time you have in Athens.

To that end on 9 Sept you could go Santorini to Naxos on the Megajet, and then 14:00 the 'Exp Skopelitis' to Koufonisi. Thus putting Naxos last.

That's how I would do it, just an idea. I don't book anything and decide on the fly, but if you want to book then do so.

With Koufonisi last that Bluestar ferry direct to Piraeus is about every 2 days, other days would be via Naxos. It's up to you to sort out what you are happy with in a given timescale.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini-Naxos-Koufonissi Ferry

Retired_Hippy has a good point. I would agree with him.

Also when you say 9/5 do you mean 9th May or 5th September? It's not a good idea to write dates in that format in an international context.

4. Re: Santorini-Naxos-Koufonissi Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 10:05
naxos island
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Santorini-Naxos-Koufonissi Ferry

From Saantrini to Naxos daily BLUE STAR FERRIES at 15.30

From Naxos to Koufonissi daily (exept Sundays) EXPRESS SKOPELITIS AT 14.00.

Every second day from Koufinissi direct to Piraeus(Athens) Blue Star Ferries early in the morning

6. Re: Santorini-Naxos-Koufonissi Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:15