We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Payments

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Payments

Travelling to Naxos in August with wife and 2 children, my 1st time in Greece for nearly 20 years. Back then everything was travellers cheques, but without sounding patronising (as I say it's a long time since I last visited Greece), my question is what is the best way to make payments at restaurants etc? I understand the favoured method is straight cash, but are the Island restaurants and bars geared up to take payment from pre-paid debit cards, which are a lot more secure and easier than carrying a large amount of cash.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Payments

Whilst most do, not all restaurants take credit cards. There are plenty of ATM's about and we just withdraw cash every few days, but make sure you tell your bank that you will be in Greece. Naxos is a very safe Island and your chances of being robbed are very low. However if travelling via Athens you have to be very careful there.

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Payments

Thanks for that J&B vey useful. It was the Athens leg (3 days before travelling to Naxos) that I had concerns about when asking the question.

3. Re: Payments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Naxos