We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

Hi, we are travelling to naxos at the end of September, and are flying there and getting the ferry back.

Where do we buy ferry tickets once we are in naxos for our return trip? (We are staying in agia ana) but will go wherever we need to to get the tickets).

I know I can get them online, but I would prefer to get them there - also, will there be plenty available at this time of year?

Many thanks

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

You can get ferry tickets at numerous agencies on the main waterfront strip in Naxos Town (only steps from where you would get off the bus from the beach to Town), as well as from the Naxos Travel Agency at Protodikeiou Square (Court Square) in Naxos Town.

You can wait til you get to Naxos to purchase the tickets ... if you're planning to take the big Blue Star ferry back to Athens, it won't be full.

The commercial area of Agios Prokopios beach is a short walk from Agia Anna, and a travel agency called Karabatsis is located there, almost next door to the Naxos Island Hotel. I know they sell tickets for tours & excursions (including day tours to nearby islands) ... don't know if they sell ferry tickets, too, but it wouldn't hurt to check since it's so close to where you'll be staying.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 00:13
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

Thank you donnyb - it is the blue star I am after, so I shall wait until I get there.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,112 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

Agios Prokopios also has the Naxos Sun Holidays - probably easier to find along the main street:

https://flic.kr/p/64Qx5B

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

If you are purchasing the ferry boat ticket by credit card, don't use the agency in Agios Prokopios. I found out they charge a 3% fee for credit card purchases. The one in Naxos Town towards the end of the main stretch doesn't charge any fee.

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
251 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

You can also buy tickets for the Blue Star at Iria Beach Hotel reception in Agia Anna.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

That's brilliant mjr8591 - and everybody else thank you.

Is it cheaper/more expensive/just the same as purchasing online?

Many thanks

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

Apart from credit card charges, all the agencies should charge the same prices as the ticket sales are computerised .

8. Re: Purchasing ferry tickets in Naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 06:15