We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with children?

Northumberland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay with children?

Hi. We have been spending our holidays on very quiet greek Islands and have loved them. Since outer little girl will be 5 next year I think she needs more friends to play with next year. I hear naxos is the best of both worlds. Would you agree and if so any hotel recommendations preferably with 2 bedrooms? Are there many children on holiday in naxos? As you may already know a happy poppets makes for a good holiday ha! Thanks very much in advance!!!

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with children?

Hi & welcome to the forums! What time of year were you thinking? Somewhere like Agios Prokopios would suit. We saw a few kids there on the beach and at our hotel. Although Agia Anna round the corner has a slightly sandier beach, it also had a lot more people crammed in closer together on sunbeds - not conducive to kids who want to run and play and build sandcastles :)

Not sure if there are many places with two bedrooms, but the lovely hotel Liana does have one-bed apartments with additional sofabeds in the lounge. The Liana has great views and is just opposite the beach. It's also at the end of the beach so it's a quieter bit of beach and it would be relatively easy to keep an eye on your little one.

Here's the website.

lianahotel.com/en/naxos-accommodation.html

Hope you have a great time.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,840 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with children?

St. George area is the best for families with small children. The beach is shallow, you got many hotels and apartments in the area and you are in the proximity of town (all kind of services available as well as a couple of small playgrounds, a choice of all kinds of tavernas etc. within easy walking distance). The area is quiet at night.

Here is to give you an idea of St. George and the area:

http://tinyurl.com/cfzhgk

http://www.naxos-saintgeorgebeach.com/

Edited: 02 August 2014, 10:14
Northumberland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with children?

Thank you both for your kind replies. I have looked at the Liana hotel and although it does look lovely I think we may be best suited to the St George area so we will be close to the town and the beach as we prob wont be car hiring. St George area looks perfect, thanks.

I have looked at the Nissaki Beach hotel, I believe this is the same hotel as the Naxos beach resort hotel? Can anyone recommend this hotel as good for children or any other hotels that may have things to do for a 5 year old. The more children in the hotel the better, gets us to keep coming to beautiful islands like Naxos instead of the larger resorts and keeps my little one happy.

Thanks in advance.

Northumberland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with children?

Just been scrolling through the many naxos forums and I have also seen that the Hotel Spiros looks a good choice. Would you recommend this hotel or one of the above best suited for children?

Thanks again!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay with children?

Good call for St George. It has everything you asked for and you will find lots of kids on that beach.

Nissaki and Naxos Resort are different hotels about 250 meters apart on St George. Nissaki which in my opinion is the more luxurious of the two is right on the beach and Naxos resort is back a bit perhaps 100 meters but has beautiful grounds and is much larger. Neither have kitchenettes. With poppets it is often a good idea to have a kitchen for those snack times.

You could look at Hotel Spiros which does have some two room units. It is beside and behind Naxos Resort probably a 200 meter walk to the beach. It will be less than half the price of either of the other two hotels as it is really a tourist class hotel but it has a pool. Another option right on the beach is Kalergis Studios which will be priced similar to Spiros.

Here are some images of hotels at St George beach. Unfortunately I have never had an opportunity to go past the lobby at Naxos Resort so I have not included it in this album..

flickr.com/photos/…

And Naxos town. It is so close to St George you will be getting a beach holiday with all the attractions of town just a short stroll away.

Naxos Town

flickr.com/photos/…

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay with children?

Oops you posted the Hotel Spiros question while I was composing my message.

There are images of Spiros in my photo album. Second floor rooms have ocean views.

Northumberland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay with children?

Stanbr you have been a massive help!! I have loved looking through the photo collections, they have gave me a real feel for the place and now all we need to do is get booked up :-) Not sure if you took the photos yourself or not but some wonderful ones of the town and beach. Thanks for sharing.

Your right, poppets are best suited with a kitchen and even an extra room if possible. So I now have to decide on the Kalergis or Spiros. Both look amazing however the Kalergis has the edge for me but no pool, decisions decision.....

Thanks for taking the time to help. I will let you know what we decide upon.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay with children?

Thanks Greece2015. Yes I carry my Cannon SX50 with me wherever I go. My wife says I don't get to see where I have been until I get home and start to edit the photos. Silly girl.

I think you will find either of those studios hotels to work for you. I only saw one room studios at Kalergis but they might have others. You might want to contact them and ask.

Have a great time.

9. Re: Where to stay with children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:16