We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad experience with Moto Falcon

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bad experience with Moto Falcon

We enjoyed our holiday in Naxos last week (August 2014) but we had a bad experience with Moto Falcon.

We hired a scooter and a quad bike from them for 2 days. My scooter proved to be faulty - it could not be started via the hand electric starter and I had to use the kick-start. I took the scooter back but Moto Falcon were unable to provide me with a replacement at the time. The scooter got increasingly difficult to start, even via the kick-start with the result that I had to push it back to the shop.

My husband was charged for damage to the quad bike parking brake which he was not aware of while using the bike.

The staff were rude to us on the return of the bikes. We had been careful to use the bikes properly and had taken out the full insurance.

We then hired bikes from another bike hire on Naxos who were friendly and helpful.

Naxos, Greece
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad experience with Moto Falcon

It is very sad when such incidents happen in our office.

I remember you well.

You are very right for the scooter ,it had a problem with the starter.

We asked you kindly to come back in the evening to give you another one since at that time we didn't have even a wheel,(everything was rented ).But you didn't come back although we had kept it for you.

About the damage that your husband made i think the right thing is to pay for it.We gave him a 1 week quad bike,brand new and he returned it with no hand break.He admitted that when he took it it was working perfectly.That is why i think you paid after all.The amout of 37 euro,price that we take and not the markets one which is more expensive.

The other thing that makes me sad is that i was really polite with you even when you threatened me that you will report me on the internet.Is fine,i cannot prove that i am not an elephand,we have this bussiness more than 15 years.Of course we have made mistakes,of course sometimes our scooters do not work(they are engines)but we are trying always to do the best for our customers even if sometimes this is not appreciated.

Is it unfair?Yes it is,but i cannot do anything about it.

Kind regards,

Iro

(manager of Moto Falcon.)

Cortona, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad experience with Moto Falcon

The worst experience ever I had in more than 20 years of rentals all over the world!

I agree with you in every single word: when I returned the vehicle the guy of the rental decided to charge me because the emergency brake was loose and not working properly. When I first took the bike, he told me to do not park on climbing street because of this problems, than, when I returned it he decided to charge me for the brake substitution. Also, when I tried to explained my reasons the lady of the shop was very unfair, saying every kind of bad words in Greek!

They just try to take the money from the tourists to fix the problems of their fleet before the end of the season!

Don't go there, there are much better rental shops around!!!

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad experience with Moto Falcon

Dear Iro,

Thank you for replying to my complaint. The reason I didn't return the scooter is that I had filled it with petrol and didn't want to lose that - and it was working after a fashion via the kick-start. We didn't want to waste any more time on our short holiday. The scooter should not have been rented out in the first place in that condition. No-one showed me how to use the kick-start and it was actually someone from another rental shop who showed me how to start it in this way.

As for the rudeness to my husband, I am not going to lower myself to repeat it. Let's just say it wasn't what I call friendly and polite customer service.

From the comment above from Franz 1886 it seems that we are not alone in having an unsatisfactory experience.

4. Re: Bad experience with Moto Falcon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2015, 05:15