We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Naxos to Mykonos in October

Stratham, NH
Level Contributor
77 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Naxos to Mykonos in October

We want to visit Naxos for 5 days the middle of October. We will be coming from Santorini which we will be able to accomplish by ferry. The next island we would like to visit is Mykonos however I am unable to figure out how to get there. I know there is less ferry service in October but there must be some island we could pick up a connecting ferry that goes to Mykonos in October. If not, are there any charter planes flying from Naxos to Mykonos? Thanks for any help you can give us.

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Naxos to Mykonos in October

Hi Druid

There are no flights between Naxos and Myconos direct, you would need to go via Athens! If you cant get a direct ferry you should be able to connect via Paros. I was in Paros and Naxos last October and saw a small fast boat that arrived from Myconos and was returning there on way back to Rafina. It was an ex Blue Star boat (Seajet 2 I think) still following their previous timetable and should get you to Myconos for lunchtime. There is a Blue Star boat from Naxos at 09.45 taking about one hour to Paros giving about an hour to wait for the connection.

You should be able to confirm this nearer the time, when the timetables are published.

Hope this helps, Mikri

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Naxos to Mykonos in October

Syros is also a possible connecting island in the off season.

Stratham, NH
Level Contributor
77 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Naxos to Mykonos in October

Thanks for the information Mikri & Retired Hippy. I am feeling confident that we will be able to resume our holiday plans. Will just have to wait for the updated 2007 ferry schedules to be posted.

4. Re: How to get from Naxos to Mykonos in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 17:17