We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Naoussa

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
94 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Naoussa

There are 4 of us arriving into Paros airport from Athens at around 7am on Aug 15th. Our hotel in Naoussa has offered to send 2 taxi's for us for E27 each (apparently it's 20km). This seems a bit steep (also, don't they they have vans that could accomodate 4 without needing 2 cars?). Am I better off arranging my own taxi after arrival at the airport and approx how much is it to Naoussa? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Naoussa
Naoussa
Paros, Greece
palm springs
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Naoussa

We took a taxi from Naoussa to the airport, and it was 25 Euro. It is quite a long way.

Mentioned in this post
Naoussa
Naoussa
Paros, Greece
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Naoussa

That price seems about right - Naoussa is at the opposite end of the island from the airport. There are always taxis waiting at the airport when flights come in, so you could take your chances on a lower fare if you wish. If you don't have too much luggage, four might be able to squeeze into one taxi.

Some of the hotels have vans for their customers, but apparently yours isn't one of them. Most of the taxis I've seen at Paros airport are Mercedes E-series or something of similar size.

Mentioned in this post
Naoussa
Naoussa
Paros, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
94 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Naoussa

thanks everyone for your responses.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Naoussa

Dsbali,

I wouldn't rely on being able to pick up taxis at the airport if they haven't been arranged in advance. I almost didn't get one last year myself and had to squeeze into a taxi with, I think, 4 other people. You should be able to get 4 people into one taxi. They always manage to carry all your luggage somehow, even if they have to hold the boot lid down with bungee cords.

GreecemadUK

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Naoussa

There have always been taxis waiting at the airport when I fly in. Since there are no buses to/from the airport, it's an almost guaranteed fare for the drivers. Best tactic is for one to go outside to bag a taxi while others wait for the luggage. Arrivals at Paros Airport is just a little room with an open door to the car park, so that won't be a problem.

Mentioned in this post
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Naoussa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 11:18