We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paros or Mykonos?

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Paros or Mykonos?

We are heading back to the Greek Islands for the first time in 35 years!

We are going to travel from Turkey to either Paros or Mykonos...but which one?

We love small cafes, villages, secluded coves and beaches as we like swimming etc.

Any thoughts?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,996 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paros or Mykonos?

Hi,

They are both mega tourist hotspots now. Paros not quite as much and there are actually still villages left. Both have plenty of beaches, secluded coves are more the province of Paros if you choose carefully as some have become developed to some extent.

However considering your other post there is much better on the way i.e. Samos, Ikaria and Syros islands on that ferry route mentioned, and also down the Dodecanese islands - Pythagorion on Samos would be a starting point for the latter.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paros or Mykonos?

The last time I went to Greece I went to both Mykonos and Paros. They both have the things you are looking for, its just that Paros is a bit less razzle dazzle and less crowded. I loved them both...why not both places?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,827 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paros or Mykonos?

Any advice also depends upon what time of year you are going, and for how long. Flying in and out of Athens ?

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paros or Mykonos?

Sorry. We are going in late May 2012.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paros or Mykonos?

I love Paros but it has changed a lot since I first went there over 25 years ago and obviously is a lot more touristy now but less so than Mykonos IMO. As retiredhippy says there are still villages there to visit and some secluded beaches more so than Mykonos.

Mykonos seems to be going a little more upmarket and friends have said it is becoming expensive. For me, Paros still has some of the old Greek island charm though there are other less developed islands you could visit depending on your preferences.

6. Re: Paros or Mykonos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Paros