We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nude / naturist beaches in Naxos / Paros

Paris, France
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
nude / naturist beaches in Naxos / Paros

Hello everyone,

I will be august 15-30 in Naxos and Paros islands... I very recently discovered the pleasure of naturism in Formentera with my girlfriend last year and would like to try again this year ... we are not experienced in that field.

Even if August is very crowded, would you recommend us some nude beaches wjth (rather) few people on Paros / Naxos ?

Thank you !

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Formentera
Formentera
Balearic Islands, Spain
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nude / naturist beaches in Naxos / Paros

I'm a determined nudist, I never wore a slimming suit in the last 20 years in Greece, and Naxos is a nudist paradise. We spent 4 days on Naxos at the end of this July and really loved it.

You can take a bus to Plaka. The area just a few steps from the last bus station (beyond Three brothers taverna) has always been nude, even in the peak season (this year you can orient yourself by a tent made from natural materials). There are several other possibilities: we adore Alyko beach and its northern part towards Kastraki. The eastern beaches are almost abandoned and thus always suitable for nudism. We often visit Psili Amos near Kanaki. There's also a very nice southern beach called Kalantos, south of Filoti.

You do have to know that the Greeks are very traditional and some families (especially on Sundays, with grandparents and small children) may be offended by nudity. However, the western beaches on Naxos seem almost infinite and you can always walk for five minutes and find another secluded place. The situation is luckily getting more relaxed in the last years. A growing number of Greek families and young Greeks also choose to be naked at the beach.

We last visited Paros in 2006 and found that several beaches in the eastern part of the island are also ideal for nudism. The situation in Antiparos is even better.

The site:

http://www.barefoot.info/greekgde.html

will give you very useful info.

Edited: 14 August 2012, 07:56
Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Antiparos
Antiparos
Cyclades, Greece
2. Re: nude / naturist beaches in Naxos / Paros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:15