We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paros in August

Level Contributor
49 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Paros in August

Hi, I'm thinking of visiting Paros for 2 weeks from the 3(ish) of August.

I'm a single mum with 2 girls aged 11 and 6. I know a lot of people don't book a hotel and simply get one from the port when the arrive.

My questions are:-

1. Where would you recommend ideally b&b a beach.

2. It is as easy as people say to get good accommodation in the height of the season?

3. What are the best towns / villages? We don't want night life just done nice places to eat local food and relax

Thanks

Vicky

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paros in August

In August you really need to pre-book, especially if you want to stay at one place for 2 weeks. I'm not saying there won't be hotel owners at the port but August is the most popular vacation month in the whole of Europe. Islands will be packed and available accommodation limited.

You can read up on Paros villages and beaches here:

www.greeka.com/cyclades/paros/index.htm

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
162 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paros in August

You will need to book your accommodation as that is the busiest time of year and I guess you are looking for 3 bed appartments which are harder to find. There are many good places on Paros but I think you should consider either Parikia the main port and town or Naoussa. Both have their fans and you will need to decide yourself once you have all the info.

For me I favour Parikia, closer to the Port, good bus connections to the rest of the island, boat to Anti Paros and above all Cine Rex the open air cinema.

Others will prefer Naoussa I'm sure

Edited: 22 January 2013, 14:45
La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paros in August

You definitely need to pre-book at that time of year. We are going in June and will be pre-booking for that time also even though it will not be as busy.

Either Parikia or Naoussa would suit but I think maybe you would enjoy Naoussa with the 2 girls: it's picturesque with a nice harbour area with lots of nice places to sit and eat/drink. Also nice beaches are nearby.

I have been there myself as a single parent with small daughters and we loved it.

Edited: 22 January 2013, 20:29
Level Contributor
49 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paros in August

Thank you for your replies.

I will definitely book first. We are fine with a 1 bed apartment Or a studio ad my girls are only young and I wouldn't want them sleeping in a different room!!

Can anyone recommend a nice simple Greek family hotel / b&b apartments with a pool?

I like the look of either Nassau or parika but don't mi d as long as there is nice weather, and nice food.

We are eady pleased lol x

Ticehurst, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Paros in August

Hi Vicky.

Yes, definitely book in advance but if you want quiet and relax, I would tend to avoid Naoussa! The lovely little picturesque town of Aliki at the southern tip of the island is ideal for what you want. It has a lovely sandy beach, perfect for kids and there are a number of reasonably priced tavernas serving delicious local food. As my wife and I plan our 6th visit to Paros this year, that's where we'll be headed! Good luck!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paros in August

I think Aliki would be perfect if you want a quiet(ish) location in mid August. For somewhere to stay in Aliki you could contact http://www.parosparadise.com . Michael and Karin have relocated to Ireland, but I believe they still maintain contacts on Paros.

I would also recommend Antiparos, but it does get very busy during August.

south africa
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paros in August

hi there

I can recommend Hotel Arian - it's in Parikia, near the beach and a lovely family owned hotel - reasonably priced as well - we are returning there this june.

8. Re: Paros in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Paros