We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paros - parikia or naoussa

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Paros - parikia or naoussa

Hi,

Where do you recommend staying between Parikia and Naoussa?

I have 2 nights in Paros and during this time I'd like to enjoy the beach, cafes. If I stayed in Naoussa - saint andrea seaside - is that a good option that is walking distance to the beach and cafes? Or is Parikia more scenic with more to do?

Just confused, both areas are extremes.

Thanks

Honey!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,216 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paros - parikia or naoussa

Not an easy answer: the beaches in Naoussa are nothing to write home about, but you can get to some good ones by taxi boat in Naoussa Bay, or by bus to the beaches along the east coast. Same can be said about Parikia — the harbour beaches aren't all that inspiring, but you can get to Krios Beach by taxi boat, or go to a number of other beaches by bus + a little walking.

I would say Naoussa is more scenic (watched a movie being shot there) but Parikia has more to do.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,232 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paros - parikia or naoussa

Hi,

For that short time the easiest is Parikia, Naoussa means a little extra travel.

Paros/Antiparos are large enough for a week. You miss an awful lot staying for such a short time.

I just decide when turning up on a ferry, even after going occasionally for 30 years I have not decided....

The hotel you refer to is an Americanised resort style away from Naoussa half way to Kolimbithres. They flag up 1.5 Km(1 mi) which is a long walk into Naoussa or to Kolimbithres beach. But as it's only 1 day don't suppose that matters.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paros - parikia or naoussa

Thank you both. In Parikia, is the Paris agnanti hotel a good choice? I think you need to take a bus or taxi boat to get into town.

Any good hotel choices in town for Parikia?

Also, from my research it seems Naoussa also has a downtown area, many people said it was a ten min walk from saint Andreas hotel to Naoussa town?

Thanks.

4. Re: Paros - parikia or naoussa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:22