We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
986 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

My husband and I are planning on travelling early September 5n Milos, 5n Sifnos & then 5n Antiparos but now thinking of Paros (instead of Antiparos) so the research process starts again of where to stay. We loved our last Greece visit which included Naxos in 2011 with a basic but lovely 2/3 star studio with a tiny balcony overlooking Ag Georgios to enjoy a glass of wine and then a casual dinner with our feet in the sand at a friendly beach taverna so no need for 5 star resort. Pool is a bonus but not required but want a nice beach close by. A beach view is preferable but not absolutely necessary, otherwise some ambiance about the studio etc would be good (garden, nice decor etc) Looking at up to 70-80 euro max per nite if possible for mid Sept. We can increase the budget a bit if needed but expect to be out all day so not spending a lot of time in studio. We plan to eat out each nite & have basic lunch & happy to make our beakfast subject to what accommodation offers etc.

So, do we stay around Naoussa which has a good vibe or maybe a different beach area? Will we need a car like on Milo's? We will probably explore the island beaches and tavernas and the want to walk to dinner (no driving or maybe just once). So many bays, beaches and places to stay. I don't think we want to stay in Parikia. Due to international flights (not booked yet) we may have to reduce our Paros stay to 4n but not sure yet). We have fantastic tropical deserted white sandy beaches at home so looking for something differnet, the quaint relaxed Greek beach & taverna experience, beautiful views, rocks , pebbles but nice clear water. Appreciate any advice and suggestions. Thanks very much.

1. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 18:35
2. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 18:35
Essex
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

I could be wrong, but these replies looks suspicously like self-promotion. The important point is that Fragoulis Village does not really meet your requirements of being able to walk to dinner - it's more than 4km from Parikia.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

I spent a few nights in Naoussa a couple years ago and loved the town. Just the right size with a good selection of restaurants. Stayed at Hara's - basic but spacious rooms, a balcony with a great view, and an easy walk into the commercial part of the town.

http://www.harastudios-paros.gr/

Naoussa beaches aren't that great, but not bad. There are boats that can take you to the more interesting beaches, but I'd recommend a car; there's enough to see on the island, with some good traditional villages, and Antiparos is worth a day trip - a decent cave though a challenging walk down - something like 4-500 steps.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
986 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the hara studios link. I have spent hours researching and am finding there are so many places to stay that it is overwhelming. (Great to have such a choice.) Naoussa sounds nice but them I read about all the other beach locations - could one of them be suitable. We will probably explore and visit different beaches by car for at least 2 full days and then want a choice of a few different restuarants and not be limited to just 1 or 2 tavernas because we are isolated. We do not want a noisy jetski or motor sports beach environment nor a windy beach so that probably rules out a few locations. Should we still look at basing ourselves in Naoussa or are there any other suggestions where we could stay and then visit Naoussa as an alternative?

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

Ultimately, it's your call. I know other visitors who prefer Parikia to Naoussa. And our next door neighbors at Hara's were primarily there for a beach vacation, and they spent their days in Alkili, which they thought was the best beach on the island, and returned to Naoussa every afternoon.

Santa Maria on the northeast is another really nice beach. And Ambelas has some restaurants with fantasic views.

One recommendation is to drive up the east coast from south to north. The light is more impressive than it is going north to south.

There's also a museum in Marpissa dedicated to a sculptor from the island (who's name I can't remember, but he designed most if not all of the Greek coins for decades) that's worth a stop.

7. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 15:05
8. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 15:05
9. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 16:35
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Naoussa or which beach area - mid September

There are other options on Paros. Aliki is a charming little fishing village in the South with a few good restaurants and cafes and a reasonable beach. Logaras/Piso Livadi is small, quiet with fine views over the Naxos and some good restaurants. There are three beaches. If you like walking there is a coastal path to Drios. You can get a bus back. Alternatively you can stay in Drios at Betty's studios. I think we only paid 20 Euros a night in late September last year. They are well equipped and are 5 minutes walk from a nice beach, Paralia Dryou (Drios beach), and less than 5 minutes walk from a good supermarket and the bus stop. There are 2 nicely positioned restaurants above Drios beach. It is a nice 20 minute walk along the coast to the best beach on Paros - Golden Beach.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 16:34