We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

Anywhere on the island is fine as we will have a car.

We are not looking for fancy "continental" cuisine. Traditional and fresh is what we're after. Straight up grilled fish, octopus, horta, a pile of Ksynomyzithra .... and I'll be in paradise :)

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

I enjoyed dinner at Trata , which is beside the ancient cemetery on the Parikia sea front. Generous portions of fish as well as meat(various). A small inexpensive taverna , pleasant owners. The "barrel" wine was very good, as the local wine is on Paros.

There is a very simple and welcoming Kafenio at the edge of Platia Mavroyenous just inland from the windmill by the ferry dock.

Englewood, Colorado
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

do you also consider traditional food the greek souvlaki?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

Sure, but in this post I'm looking for a good "Psarotaverna" .... fish taverna. Thanks in advance if you know of any.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

i dont know about fishtaverna's but i know a very good meat taverna with souvlaki etc

Mprizoladiko in paroikia

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

Owners of Vitsadakis on Naoussa harbour have their own fishing boats and often fish offered is their catch of the day. They have a wider menu of course, where what is frozen and what is fresh is clearly mentioned (or was last time I was there. By Greek law menu should always clarify this, but it is not always what really happens around...) Prices are not cheap but very reasonable for Naoussa and sea food.

Halaris on Piso Livadi is an other good place to consider.

new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

Check this one too:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g642171-d3…

Excellent food and owner is a great guy...

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
792 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

I agree about Vitsadakis in Naoussa. It certainly is one of the best and the cheapest in Naoussa. 10 of us ate there last October and we were amazed that the bill was so low. Try the 'Gouna' - the sun dried grilled mackerel - it is a Paros specialty and it is delicious (and so healthy)

new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

Agree. Taste "Gouna", certainly great specialty...

9. Re: Best Fish Taverna, Ouzeri, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24