We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

We fly Mykonos to Manchester at 20:35 on June 25

I see there are only 2 ferries that day from Paros , the High Speed 5 arriving at 14:35 and the Flying Cat 4 arriving at 18:50 which would be too tight,should I risk the High Speed which would be fine as long as there are no problems,or go the day before ?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,561 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

It is almost always recommended to go the day before your flight home. If anything unexpected should happen to cause a delay or cancellation you will be where your flight is leaving from.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

Thank you for your advice, I was a bit worried about leaving on the day of our flight,it is the first time we have flown to Mykonos, we are not familiar with it,we usually fly toSantorini

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
277 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

Its always a slight risk, but unlike the Flying Cats the Highspeeds are huge vehicle carrying catamarans which operate punctually and in all but the very worst weather.

I'd chance it unless you really want to spend an expensive night in Mykonos.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,786 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

There are other reasons besides weather that occasionally cause ferries to be canceled. I agree the risk is small, but nevertheless there. Opt for a worry-free last night on Mykonos.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,063 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

I have used Mykonos flights several times, circa 14:30. I would not risk it same day even though the Highspeed is large and I guess more reliable than the small ones. That would leave you with no viable Plan B should it happen to not run for whatever reason.

OK it's expensive for one night on Mykonos, but with two large catamarans the previous day a lot safer and worry free option.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

Thank you, we have decided to return the day before and booked our accommodation where we are staying the first night.better safe than sorry.

essex
Level Contributor
667 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

im staying Mykonos one njght before travelling to paros and then 2 nights on Mykonos before flight home got accom reasonably priced how expensive can it be for a night when on Mykonos it cant be that bad surely?

how much would I need a night there? cheers

8. Re: Take the ferry to Mykonos the day before flight ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 07:16