We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

I went to check in at the aqua blue studios at 4pm today when the room was not cleaned for check in. We left our bags and we left to walk around for several hours. We returned to the room finally around 9pm and still nothing had be done, the person had completely forgotten about it. She at this point had ask us to look for a new hotel because she was so overwhelmed with her day and would not be able to prepare the room. We had now wasted our entire day waiting not being able to shower, change our clothes or do anything because we didn't have our room or belongings. We searched for a new hotel finding one on our own, more expensive which we needed to walk to with our luggage because aqua blue studio was not willing to help in any way. We asked for our refund immediately because we wanted to guarantee to not lose our money since we now had to book another hotel and she became extremely rude talking in Greek thinking we don't understand telling the person on the phone we had been a pain in her a** day and nothing but trouble....yet she had not prepared the room and asked us to leave. After a long time of arguing and realizing we would not accept not getting money back, she gave us 86.77€ but upon arriving at our new hotel and being able to get wifi back since we do not have phones with us, we saw we paid 95.40€. What do I do!?!??

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

Only you can answer the question how important 8€ is to you. Do you really want to deal with that hotel again and experience even more anguish?

Edited: 20 July 2014, 08:25
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

Agree with Ozzlem but you could go back and threaten them with the Tourist Police. They wouldn't like that at all.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

I probably also submit a review here on TripAdvisor to warn other travellers. Being turned away from a hotel and having to argue to get a refund isn't exactly the experience I'm looking for whilst on holiday. Reading something like your story would certainly put me off booking with that hotel. Is this the place you're talking about?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g642171-d183579…

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

Yes that's the place 😣

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

You should leave your experience as a hotel review as your comments will just get lost being on the forum only.

On the link Ozzlem provided click on the Write a Review link and your comments and experience will have a better chance of being useful to people considering booking the hotel.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,199 posts
995 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

Complain to the Tourist Police. Ask the Tourist office where their office is or call them on +30 22840 21673

Post an extremely negative review on Trip Advisor.

If you paid by credit card and can be bothered complain to your credit card company.

If you booked through a website like Booking.com complain to them

Go back and assertively ask for the difference between what you paid and were given back and ask for the difference for the new accommodation. The 8 Euros plus cents looks like the 10% commission that she our you has had to pay an agent or website.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

wow,never heard anything like this here..really sorry this happened to you.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 16:28
8. Re: Hotel cancelled when I arrived didn't get full refund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Paros