We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

Lebanon, NJ
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

Hello,

I am considering a day trip from Paros to Mykonos and Delos for my family of four. What are my options for getting there? We have a flexible schedule and I was hoping for a few hours on Delos and longer on Mykonos, and then back to Paros for the night. Thank you in advance for any advice or information!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,601 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

The day excursions for Delos and Mykonos from Paros originates from Naxos, and stop by in Naoussa to pick up passengers from Paros.

Here is the original overview from Naxos:

greeka.com/cyclades/…

Lebanon, NJ
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

Thank you so much for sending this information! I will look into it further.

Pamela

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

I took the Delos/Mykonos cruise last Oct. I think it was the same amount of time on both islands. We enjoyed Delos far more than Mykonos. Delos is an ancient site with no one allowed to live on the island except for workers. The ruins are quite extensive and impressive. There is a nice museum to see artifacts from the island. Mykonos while visually stunning was too crowded for us, even in Oct! The waterfront was too crowded, too much traffic, lots of buses parked with lots of tourists disembarking, plus several large cruise ships docked just outside the harbor spewing out hundreds of tourists. We had to climb up and away from the waterfront to get away from people. Once there, though the homes were lovely and hardly any tourists. A few hours on Mykonos was just about as much as we could take.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,601 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

Delos

http://tinyurl.com/bhf8ad

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
876 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

And this was October in Mykonos!

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
170 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

We did the Delos-Mykonos trip from Naxos in May 2012, and had 3 hours on each. We enjoyed it, though also found Mykonos too crowded. It almost put us off Mykonos entirely, but we flew into Mykonos this year and spent our first and last night there and got a much better feel for the place, it's not so crazy in the morning or evening! We plan to stay longer on Mykonos next time. I just wanted to add our experience here, as I found the day trip was good for seeing the sights of town, but not for getting a true feel for the island (so don't let it put you off!).

Lebanon, NJ
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

All, thank you so much for the feedback! Looks like we will be taking that trip just so we can check out those two special places. I went to Mykonos as a teenager and remember a relaxed vibe. Now that it has received so much publicity I'm not surprised to hear it's teeming with tourists. Our style is to make a bee-line out of the mayhem (if possible) and find those special, out-of-the-way places. I'm glad the boat trip there seems pretty much hassle-free. .. .seems worth the trip while we're so close by in Paros.

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

It was the first week of Oct. On the way to Delos we had a rain storm and rough seas and one person got sick. Once we got to Delos the skies cleared and it warmed up for the rest of the day. Much more interests for us with Delos and the ancient ruins and sites. Lots less people too! Mykonos just didn't feel right in what we look for in a Greek Island. It was way too crowded even for Oct. and I can only imagine are more so it would be during the high season. There were some lovely sites including Little Venice, the Windmills, and the back lanes away from the waterfront. It was only a few hours there so I guess one cannot get a true feel for it, but if first looks count . . . we wouldn't book an extended stay when there are a number of other islands that are less touristy and more Greek and of course less expensive. All depends on what you want for a Greek Island and your budget.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 17:13
UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

There are day boats which visit Delos and Mykonos from Paros during the peak summers months. You are on Delos to visit for about 2 hours which is enough. Then onto Mykonos for lunch (by the harbour) and then boat back to Paros. You wouldn't have much time on Mykonos but at least get to see it. We have just returned from Paros via Mykonos and in nearly 40 degrees of heat and the summer crowds you will find this day trip enough. Enjoy the restfulness of wonderful Paros and don't bother with the fleshpots !

10. Re: Travel from Paros to Mykonos/Delos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Paros