We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nick Arch-Help!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nick Arch-Help!

Hi NIck-

I need your help. I am hoping you will call the Amphitrion Holidays Travel Office at the Athens Airport and ask them to confirm that they do in fact sell ferry tickets at that airport office. I would also like to know which ferry companies' tickets they do sell and if Blue Star and Hellenic Seaways are included.

210 3530162 & 3530518

This would be helpful information for all of us to have.

Thanks-Lee

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

No problem Brotherleelove. I 'll do it first thing tomorrow morning :)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

Thanks Nick!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

Hi Brotherleelove :)

and a Good Day from a peculiarly warm Athens :)

So:

Amphitrion is selling ferry tickets at the airport office.

They sell ferry tickets for some companies, but they don't sell for some other. So:

Hellenic Seaways IS included. They issue and sell tickets for them.

Blue Star ferries IS included. They issue and sell tickets for them.

These are the two major companies for the Cyclades.

NEL is not included. They don't issue or sell tcks for them.

Agoudimos is not included too.

Amhitrion is located on the Arrivals level ( ground level ) of the airport, just opposite of "Kafenio". "Kafenio" is the main coffee shop of ground floor.

They are working 24 / 7.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

NIck-

Thanks SO MUCH for your excellent detective work-I really appreciate it.

Wonderful Copenhagen
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

Thank you BOTH for all the help I've got so far!!!!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
227 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

Ok, I will take the question one step further. Nick - do you know what their hours are for selling the ferry tickets? We get in around 8pm on a Monday evening, so would their offices even be open at that time. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

Hello,

We purchased our ferry tickets from Blue Star online. Would it be possible to pick it up from the Amphitrion Holidays Travel Office at the airport? Or do we have to pick it at port up before the ferry leaves? Thank you so much!!

Sher

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

That's a good question. Ask Blue Star by email and please let us know here.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

Regarding Blue Star tickets bought online --- I just went through an unpleasant experience busying Blue Star super-economy tix (Naxos to Piraeus) online. I did not fill out a form... I wrote an e-mail, in which I speficially said I wished to pick up the tickets at Athens airport, or else in Naxos itself because was going straight to Crete from Airport.

The Blue Star forwarded my e-mail to something called Superfast FErries S.A. - Blue Star S.A. on Amilias avenue & their rep asked for my credit card # and emailed back that my tickets had been charged and I could pick them up at their Amilias Avenue office in Athens(!).

I e-mailed back in some distress that I could NOT do that, because I was flying immediately to Crete from Airport and would not be in Athens until AFTER Naxos. So the Superfast rep replied, well then request a refund and buy it elsewhere.

OK, I thought , so i did request. But story not over!!!! Received e-mail from her supervisor saying super-economy tickets could NOT be refunded OR exchanged and could ONLY be picked up at Athens Office. It required my sendiing ALL the e-mail correspondence to supervisor to prove that I HAD requested airport or Naxos pick=up prior t o purchase, and that I HAD been offered a refund.

Finally got cranky supervisor email (proving my past experience that some Greeks cannot bear to admit when they're wrong). She said that she would "exceptionally" mail me the tickets. It took 10 days.

Moral -- watch out... get all your questions answered FIRST.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nick Arch-Help!

What a nightmare! I'm glad you finally got it all straightened out. Good for you that you're persistent. Was there any further discussion about picking them up at Amphitrion Holidays at the airport?