We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
198 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

I know that Fast Boats are more expensive and much faster. Is it true that they are so fast that you're more likely to get nauseous? Please advise.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

No it's not true. The fast catamarans vary in size. The small ones don't run in really rough weather. The much larger car ferry ones that do run in rougher weather are no worse than conventional ferries in the same sea state.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
198 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

Thanks for the heads up.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

The newer, larger ones, are very nice inside. I'm sure you'll enjoy the using them.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
198 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

Thank you. I was thinking of taking my kids on a day trip to Mykonos. Do you know how long that would take by fast boat?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

From where, New Jersey??? ;-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
198 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

Cute. From the Santorini port.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

A daytrip isn't possible from Santorini to Mykonos, there's only one daily ferry run between the two with a 20-minute turnaround time on Mykonos. There is a daytrip excursion to Delos from both Paros and Naxos that includes a stopoff for a short time on Mykonos. That's the only daytrip to Mykonos I'm aware of.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
198 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

Thanks again!

9. Re: Fast Boats-- Too Fast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 10:24