We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

Lake Zurich...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

I am booking a room through Kamari Tours and I want to know how normal that is? I am a little weary of giving my information to someone I havent met, especially online. Is this normal?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

Many of the more popular hotels use booking agents. Some are local to the island, some are not such as Orbitz.com, Expedia, etc. Kamari Tours is a reputable company that's been in business for many years on Santorini.

Did you look to see if your hotel has its own website with direct booking? I always try to book directly so I can keep in touch with the hotel for reconfirmations and other needs.

Lake Zurich...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

Thats the thing. Kamari Tours sre the people who do the booking for this hotel. There is no other way to book it.

I just dont want to get scammed! I wasnt sure if that was unusual or not?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

If that's who handles their bookings then you don't have a choice. As I've said, this is a reliable and honest company.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

Book directly if you feel uncomfortable doing it via an agency

. If the hotel recommend using them then you shouldnt have a problem.

Lake Zurich...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

Thanks for your help!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

If you book with the owner you can get a break on the price and if you're in a jam they will work with you. A travel agent, from what I've been told, is much less likely. I had to change my stay in Milos last year and the owners were nice enough not to charge me for the remaining days. I'll use them again when I get back to the island.

7. Re: Is it normal to book a hotel via Travel company... Kamari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 20:16