We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

My partner and I will be arriving in Santorini in early June and would like some suggestions on any fun and friendly gay or mixed places to go for a drink. Or places we may be more likely to meet other gay people (remembering that Santorini is a popular honeymoon destination).

Any advice would be appreciated.

New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

Hi Urban 3000,

Indeed Santorini is a famous romantic-honeymoon destination.

It's not like Mykonos with gay bars, but I have seen sometimes few gay couples at a club named Tropican in Fira.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

Google "Travel to Santorini" or something to that effect!

The travel guides list where you would prefer to go. I think Pressia is listed but I don't think the rest of Santorini, anyway Santorini is a must see!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

Thanks to you both.

Miami
Level Contributor
888 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

I went to several bars and clubs in Santorini and the crowd was mixed. It's not just a popular honeymoon destination, it's a popular destination for all types, singles, couples, young, old, gay, straight.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

Thanks ElsiMM, I'm looking forward to getting there. Are there any places you can recommend as a "must visit"?

Miami
Level Contributor
888 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

Must visit as sightseeing - Volcano tour that takes you to the hot springs, Thirassia and ends up in Oia for the sunset. Walk around Oia and Fira, visit Ancient Thira and Ancient Akrotiri, visit Red Beach, Kamari Beach, Baxedes, Koloumbos and Perissa. I highly recommend Santo's Winery, take the sample plate for about 10 euros, and includes 6 different wines, crackers, tomato, olives and cheese - the views are phenomenal.

As for must see bars or clubs - I don't remember the names, but they are all relatively close to each other in Fira, just hop around to see where the actions at.

New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

It would be nice to have a boat trip at the volcano and hot springs and usually lasts about 4hours. Of course you should visit wineries, i.e. Gavalas winery or Argyrou winery or Antoniou winery.

There are many signs, and the locals can assist you how to get there.

Nice beaches are the red beach in Akrotiri region, and Vlychada beach.

I would also propose Perivolos beach, or Kamari beach, which are more lively. Perivolos has 2 big beach bars (Wet stories and Chilli)with music and beach-volley courts.

For nightlife I would propose Enigma club or Koo club or Casablanca at Fira.

For more soft music try Franco's or Tango, which both have great views.

8. Re: Gay/mixed bars in Santorini?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 20:16