We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

hi

has anyone got any info on the blue waves hotel, kamari

we'd be very gratefull for any info

thanks

scott

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

Hey From Ireland

Just wondering how ye got on in the Blue waves hotel I have a wedding party going next Sept and some of the younger crowd were looking at staying here it looks ok near beach near bars etc what did ye think ???any info would help thanx

cork
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

Hi Scott,

Just wondering if you eventually stayed in the blue wave studios kamari and if you did how were they? I'm looking at booking them for august of next year and would be very grateful if you had any tips!

Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

Hi Scott,

I will be travelling to Kamari next June for a wedding and I was thinking of staying at the blue waves hotel. I was just wondering if you ended up staying there after all and If so If you would recommend it or not?

Much appreciated,

Audrey.

Turku
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

Hello!

I have been staying there during August 2006. The location is nice but I think you will find better ones from Kamari with the same money. We were staying in an second floor apartment facing to the pool. If you prefer a little bit privacy it is not a good choise because they kept the poolbar open so long somebody wanted a drink. Also the balconies are very small and hardly divided from the next one.And the view is to the backyards of some restaurants. from the third floor you have a limited seaview. our trip was organized by a travel agency so it was difficult to change a accommodation. Anyway the apartment was very clean, cleaned everyday!

Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

Thank you for your reply....I appreciate that. I have since booked into another hotel which has a lot of positive feedack!!

uk
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

Hallo to all and Happy 2008!

I could recomend lots of nice hotels in Kamari, Santorini as this May it will be the 13th visit but I assume that this will be critisized as advertising... Anyway, we enjoy going back to Hotel Matina as it is very clean and well looked after, afterall, we are now friends with the family that owns and runs the hotel but also with most of the repeating guests... we kind of make an appointment year after year!

Every year we have a week or two in Santorini and then another holiday in a different place each year.. Anyway, we get discounted rates for beeing so regulars and May is not a very busy month but in general the hotel prices are reasonable and good value for money. Of course you can get more luxurious places and less expensive ones, but we do not change Hotel Matina specialy for the personal service that we get!

Unfortunately, when you look for hotels in Kamari vilage on Santorini island in the website of http://www.tripadvisor.com/ you get so few hotels (only about 20 hotels). However, there are so many hotels in Kamari and actually most of them are also listed in tripadvisor, but they are listed under the location of Santorini island in general... so you do not find them when you ask for hotels in Kamari.

So you have to go through all the hotels that come up in the results when you look for hotels in Santorini and then go through and check the ones that are in Kamari village as these ones are not listed when you search for Kamari hotels.

It is very confusing and a little bit strange and I really do not know why this is happening...

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

"I really do not know why this is happening..."

Simple explanation, its because the first person to put a review in on each of those hotels , put 'Santorini' rather than 'Kamari' as the location.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

Just posted a review of the Blue Waves Studios a few days ago, check it out if your still thinking of going!

9. Re: blue waves hotel, kamari, santorini. has anyone been?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 10:22