We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

Hi! I'm in the process of narrowing down our room choices for our stay in Santorini this Sept./Oct. Aris Caves looks very appealing but the only room they have available for the length of our stay is Studio #5, the Gonia studio. Has anyone ever stayed in that room or know anything about it? We are also thinking about Chelidonia Villas as they have a villa available (a step above a studio, I'm guessing). The villa at Chelidonia is approximately 50 euros more. We are currently waiting for a response from Delfini. Can anyone offer any insight on these choices? Thanks a bunch!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

what type of accommodation are you talking about at Delfini? Cavehouse or room?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,825 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

Chelidonia will give you more privacy. Aris Caves has a common terrace where the Chelidonia Villas each has its own.

Both are centrally located below the village square. Chelidonia is just above the Aris Caves. Delfini is excellent, about a 10 minute walk from the village square. I actually think the view from Delfini is slightly better that from Chelidonia and Aris because of a ridge that blocks the view to the right from the latter two.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

Thank you very much for your insights! We would be looking into a cave house at the Delfini. We're still waiting to hear back from them regarding availability. Brotherlee, you say the Delfini is about a 10 minute walk to the center of town? Is it an easy walk? Location in the middle of everything is the most important factor for us.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,825 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

It's a very easy and pleasant walk along a freshly paved-with marble!-pedestrian footpath.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

We stayed at the Delfini (one of the cave houses) in April 2007, and we loved it. The view was incredible - and the walk was very pleasant as Brotherlee aludes to (if he says it is a 10 minute walk he would likely be right on - but I tell you, it seems shorter... and the walkway was just re-done with slate (?) blocks. It looks amazing.

We were debating Aris Caves - and from what I could tell when we were there, it looks to be located down (off the main walkway). I don't recall even seeing signs leading the way to Aris Caves.... but I think I could see the checkered balcony sticking out.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

I stayed at Delfini recently as well. It's important to note that the cavehouses are not in the same place as the rooms and the manager's officer. The manager's office and the rooms are about a 3-minute walk (less, actually) to the cavehouses, which are located down a nicely paved walkway requiring entrance through a gate. At least the cavehouse suite was, and the cavehouse underneath the cavehouse suite.

I have pictures if you like.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

I would love to see photos of the Delfini cavehouse. Would you recommend those over the apartments, studios, and villas? My e-mail is vbqueen44@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch!

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

I spent 4 days recently in a studio in Delfini villas. This picture shows the stairs to the studio:

www.delfinivillas.com/photo.php?photo_id=5

The veranda is not very large, you can kind of guess from the picture, but still large enough for a breakfast for two.

The bigger veranda below belongs to the cavehouse, I think.

This is the panoramic image of the studio, although the title says "Traditional House - Cave II"

www.delfinivillas.com/panorama.php…

canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

mntoathens, please send me pictures of Delfini villas as well!!

( or anyone else that has pictures please) I am staying there

in October. thank you!

Lori

canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aris Caves, Chelidonia, or Delfini?

oops, for the Delfini villa pictures - I at logilles@serha.ca

thanks again,