We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I fly grom Mykonos to Santorini ?

Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can I fly grom Mykonos to Santorini ?

We're flying NY to Athens mid Sept. I think we'll fly right to Mykonos when we land. Can I fly Mykonos to Santorini (4 nights then back to Athens. I don't see any flights!? Thanks ! Lily

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I fly grom Mykonos to Santorini ?

SkyExpress is a small Cretan airlines that offers the only direct flights between Mykonos and Santorini. Go here to check the schedule and for baggage allowance info:

www.skyexpress.gr/schedule.asp…

According to this schedule service stops on September 18.

If SkyExpress doesn't work for you there's a direct highspeed catamaran ferry from Hellenic Seaways that only takes 2.5 hours.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I fly grom Mykonos to Santorini ?

Just to add to BLL's mention of baggage, the baggage allowance is likely to be very small for an interisland flight like that so make sure you understand it.

Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I fly grom Mykonos to Santorini ?

Thank you both. I will be flying on the 18th, kind of cutting it close. Good to know there's a back up by water, but I get terribly sea sick ! What do you think? And thanks for the baggage tips, I had to get rid of stuff a few years ago to make the "EasyJet" limit for inter Europe travel and when the bags finally went on, they didn't tag them and lost them! One last question, I was going to do my 1st two nights in Athens after flying from NY. then on to Mykonos (4) then Santorini (4) then fly back to Athnes to fly back to NY on a 5:oo pm flight, but I'm a lttle worried about missing my flight, so I'm thinking I should do my last two nights in Athens and start in Mykonos. What do you think? Thanks! Lily

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I fly grom Mykonos to Santorini ?

Excellent idea about leaving Athens until the end, it's the smart thing to do.

As far as getting seasick, the FlyingCat #4 has a smooth ride as long as the seas aren't too rough, it's not too small. But if you can get seats near the centerline of the ship to minimize the effects of any rocking it might do. The car ferries are much larger and more stable, you hardly know you're at sea.

Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I fly grom Mykonos to Santorini ?

Thanks brotherleelove, I'm going to take your advice! Lily

6. Re: Can I fly grom Mykonos to Santorini ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 02:17