We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

Seattle, WA
9 posts
Save Topic
Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

Hello,

I'm considering booking a stay at Icons Hotel (http://www.santorini.net/index.php?id=icons) in Imerovigli. It is newly opened (rennovated in 2003-2004) so perhaps that's why there is hardly any information on it other than booking sites. It is listed here at TripAdvisor, but no reviews on it :( Has anyone else heard of it, know anything about it or even heard anything about it?

Same for Nefeles Suites... it is another we're considering that appears to be nice. It's located in Fira which would be very convenient... but hardly any info besides the hotel's website (http://www.nefeles.gr/indexlow_e.htm). Hmmm... if anyone has any experiences with this place , I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

also looking at this one... recommended by fantasy travel and it's the 'higher' grade hotel they use on santorini... i will check out the website PLEASE someone respond to this for us!

canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

Hi,

I just returned from Santorini last month and stayed at Nefeles Suites for 6 days while there. Hands down, it is the best place to hang your hat. It is steps to the cable car, a few minutes walk to the bus station and taxi station. We had friends staying at the Pegasus Suites in Imerovigli and found that they were always coming to our hotel to meet before heading out to dinner or on a tour, so it's extremely convenient. The hotel is clean, beautiful, has an amazing view and everything works well. What is really exceptional though is the service and our host, Nikos, who was absolutely incredible. He is a fabulous chef and makes your breakfast to order every morning and then brings it to wherever you happen to be. I asked if they might have an adapter for my cell phone and found 3 in our room upon arrival. When my cell phone didn't work, because it is dual mode and not tri mode, he lent me his personal second cell phone for the duration of our stay. When we missed our cab to dinner one evening, he drove us. I wish we could have brought him home with us! Nikos is full of good information for tours, directions and restaurants and he is the true definition of exemplary service which makes your stay the most special. Hope this helps, if you need any more information, I would be happy to help if I can. I looked at about 30 hotels in Santorini before choosing Nefeles and it was definitely the right choice. Good luck!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

thank you so much for the reply! any other info about santorini in general you could offer?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

actually 2 questions about it: how is the pool, food, and comfort of the beds? Is it noisy? THANK YOU so much!!!

canada
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

Hello again,

The cave pool is very nice, it's on the lowest level beside the lobby. It is clean, quite neat, small and kind of dreamy and romantic, especially at night with candles. It also has a jacuzzi at one end of the pool. The jacuzzi on the roof of the hotel is also very beautiful and looks just as it does on their website, except there is now clear plexiglass where the opening is. Remember, everything in Santorini is scaled down compared to the pictures you see, but given there is only 7 units at Nefeles, the scale is more realistic at this hotel than others.

The breakfasts offered at Nefeles is al a carte, the only hotel I found that offered this. Most hotels charge 9 to 15 euro per person per day for breakfast and it was usually continental or an american breakfast buffet and evidently not worth the money. As I mentioned in my previous post, Nikos is a great cook. You truly get your breakfast as ordered and as much as you want. Eggs, any way you like, sausages, bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt, tomatoes, cheese toast... I could go on....

Nefeles only opened a couple of months ago, so everything is new including the beds which are good beds. I found it a bit hard for my liking when lying on it awake, but when I woke up, no soreness, so figure that is the sign of a good bed.

Being in Fira in mid May, we didn't find it noisy at all. Depending on when you're planning on being there, it would get noisier as it gets busier I suppose. All we heard was the gentle ring of bells on the donkeys as they clipped clopped past the hotel to pick up the tourists from the port. And occasionally there are church bells ringing at various times of the day, all part of the experience I figured. It was pretty amazing sitting on your balcony, looking at the view and listening to the sounds. There is also a restaurant right next door that plays great music all day.

Does that help?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

Hey thanks a lot again. we're going to price the difference but we're heavily leaning toward Nefeles thanks to your input. it could make all the difference in our trip.

canada
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

You're very welcome, if I can help with any other info, just let me know. This is a great forum isn't it?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

I love tripadvisor. we're living in Germany for a few years and we're taking advantage of European travel. If you have any questions let me know - especially about Germany but also Paris, and Rome (my favorite places!)

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

just wanted to say thanks - we just got back and had a great time in Santorini. I posted a Nefeles review if you want to read it! thanks for all your help!!!!!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Icons Hotel or Nefeles Suites... anyone heard of it or...

StellaStar

Did you stay at Nefeles suites? How did you find them to be?