We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

nyc
Level Contributor
85 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

Hi,

I just got back from my honeymoon (MYK, SANTORINI and PAROS) and I must say that as corny as it sounds, the highlight of the ENTIRE TRIP (for me) was swiming in that little rocky bay/beach past the resturants below Oia in Ammoudi.

There were only 4 other people there, the weather was great, water was warm, and it all finally all hit me. Great views too.

Don't know why but I thought I would share that with you.

Thanks for all the advice I got from the pro's here.

Cary, NC
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

I totally agree with you. I was there about 2 weeks ago and indeed it was the highlight of my trip.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

That beautiful little swimming spot has definetely blessed many a travellers on the isle:) Great sharing.....Keep Enjoyin'!

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

reading this post brought me back, with a big smile! I love that spot too!...except that last time I climbed back to the top, I got so hot

I thought of running back down, jumping in, and taking a "taxi" back!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

At least you made the climb:) I always said I would but too lazy (and full:) from Katina's:):) Enjoy all!

Thornhill, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

Sounds beautiful!

Do you think it will still be warm enough to swim there at the end of October?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

It's up to you, how much the temp matters to you that is. I swam in a cold, I mean it was probable 60 degree water, mountain stream in Sedona once and can tell you that I though I would only be able to stay in for a minute or two. Well the swimming hole was so nice that I ended up staying in for a good ten mins. . Maybe it's mind over matter but I'm sure that the water will still be warm, maybe not as much as you'll like but I think we can make the most out of the a swim if we block out the negatives

AKA, just do it , you'll love the place!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,860 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

If the wind's blowing it'll be pretty cool down there in late October, but as has been said, it's up to you and your temperature tolerances. Who knows, maybe there'll be a late-season heat wave. It's worth a try. Even if you decide the water's too cool for swimming you will at least be able to sunbathe and enjoy the unique surroundings and the beauty of that special spot.

Thornhill, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

Thanks!

I will probably do it just to say 'I did it'!

I have been swimming in very cold water before. Fortunately, our hotel has a hot tub, so I can go back and warm up after!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

That's the idea:):) Enjoy!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,860 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ammoudi swimming hole I love dearly.

While you're down there be sure to stop off at Katina's on the wharf for a bite to eat. If you've never had Saganaki (fried cheese) be sure to try it!