We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamari restaurant in September 2008

Liverpool
Level Contributor
68 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Kamari restaurant in September 2008

My friend is getting married in Kamari in September 2008. I am one of her bridesmaids and want to arrange a hen night in Kamari. There will be approximately 10 women ranging in ages from 30-70. I am looking for a greek restaurant with entertainment if possible. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations. I would be grateful on any information on the nightlife in Kamari and information on good bars too. As i have a mixed age group I am trying to cater for everyones tastes and make sure the bride to be has a fabulous time in beautiful Santorini. Thanks in advance for any advice xx

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamari restaurant in September 2008

You will all have a wonderful time, no matter what you do :-)

Some of the hotels in kamari/perissa which have their own tavern/restaurant offer "Greek Nights" (and some independent taverns).

These "Greek Nights" include a pre-set menu & live Greek entertainment/dancing. Menus start from around 25 euro per person (including entertainment).

These Greek nights are not offered every night, and the schedules will not be set until the beginning of the summer.

I wouldn't worry to much about organizing something from now (especially if you are considering cafes/bars/clubs). Your group is intimate enough that you will be able to find a place a couple days before the said event.Upon arrival to the island, you can ask your hotel concierge/front desk, and local establishments for suggestions.

If you post again sometime at the beginning of summer, or during the summer, I'd be happy to give you more detailed information once I better know the schedules for Greek Nights and when all the bars and clubs are open for the season.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamari restaurant in September 2008

During my stay at Arion Bay, North part of Kamari Beach, I saw the restaurant right up the beach, not sure of the name, had two greek weddings. It look like a great party with live intertainment. The owners of The Boat House Hotel, Diane & Spiros, would know more as I think they own the restaurant? You can e-mail them and I'm sure they can help you one way or another.

As far as nightline in Kamari I would just say to check my travel pages a Virtural Tourist under user name 88Starflite, look under my friends lint and the Santorini pages. Any queswtions just drop a e-mail at barberk@dow.com or thru this site.

BTW, I'll be there this Sept also, hopefully along with all of my European friends.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamari restaurant in September 2008

Just thinking back and I wanted to just suggest for you to also check the reviews here for The Boat House if you have any questions, I think TA rates them very highly. I'm not a expert though and you may want to check some other places. I'm just saying that from what you say you're looking for this part of Kamari is very nice and it has more of a Greek feel, to me at least, then the rest of Kamari which I feel has too much of a touristy feel, especially at night.

Good Luck!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kamari restaurant in September 2008

Her's another possibilty, there are one or two Greeks musicians that walk the Kamari strip playing there instruments at the restaurants. Thes folks really play some great Greek music. I you may want to see if you can get them to play for you. I know they may not be what your restaurants may suggest but they are good and you do have a small # of people so it me fit your needs?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kamari restaurant in September 2008

Four clubs in Kamari worth looking into are "Hook Bar", "Dom Club", "the Yellow Donkey", and Valentino's".

Hook bar/restaurant is at the south end of the beach and has a mixed crowd with rock, blues, and reggae.

Yellow Donkey, just a bit north on the promenade, is a much younger scene with a cool dance floor and outdoor bar/restaurant.

DOM is about 200 meters further north on the beach and has a dance floor and a young crowd as well.

Valentino's is just adjacent to the bus stop in Kamari and has a more laid back/cosmopolitan feel to it and another mixed, young and older, crowd.

Another place you might want to check out is "Messaria", at Cannava Roussos on the outskirts of Kamari. They often have performances on the stage there just adjacent to the tasting area/restaurant of the winery. Would be a great early evening start to your sure to be fantastic night...

6. Re: Kamari restaurant in September 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 12:21