We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

This is my second time of asking but has anyone stayed here? I have booked through Kosmar and suspect this is their first season as surfing the net has uncovered hits in German which unfortunately I don't speak. Can anyone help?

Sow
East Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

We are going to the aegean view studios in Kamari on july 12th. when are you going? if it's after us i'll let you know what its like when we return.

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

Sow

We're going in August so look forward to hearing how you get on. The hotel web-site certainly makes it look good so I'm hopeful!

Is this your first visit to Santorini? We stayed here some 18 years ago - my first experience of Greece. I imagine it has changed a fair bit but hopefully not lost its character.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Sow
East Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

Hi Plodder

Yes this is our first time to Santorini, my wifes parents went last year and said it was the most beautiful place they have ever been. I'll let you know what it's like when we get back. Hopefully it is going to be fantastic. Do you want us to check anything out for you?

Sow

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

Hi Sow

I suppose I'm looking for reassurance that the hotel is OK given the lack of reviews? Can't make up my mind if I want to know just how far up the hill it is, but knowing the distance to the nearest supermarket would be useful and whether the "snack bar" sells just that.

For what it's worth my recommendations to you are (allowing for the fact that it's some 18 years since I was there):

- Do a boat trip for some dramatic views of the island. The volcano is not terribly exciting but swimming in the hot springs and visiting Thirassia are worth it .

- Use the local buses. When I was there the bus into Thira was always so crowded it could never make it up the hill so they kicked you off and made you walk - quite funny really. I'm sure they've invested in some new ones by now though!

- If you like to live dangerously, try a donkey ride on any of the paths with a sheer drop!

-Splash out on at least one meal/drink overlooking the caldera at sunset

- Take plenty of photos

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Thira and Apartments
Hotel Thira and...
211 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
Sow
East Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

Hi plodder

We have just returned from Kamari and you have nothing to worry about. The hotel is fantastic and very clean, the rooms are very spacious. I would ask to stay in room 517 or 516 they had the most amazing views of Kamari and they over looked the pool aswell. The Hotel is family run and this shows in the atmosphere around the pool.

The snack bar at the Hotel has quite a lot of choice, from sandwhiches to salads and burgers. They also sold ice creams, waffles, milkshakes etc. The price of food was quite reasonable for Santorini but the Beer was very expensive, a large local beer was 4.50 euros everywhere else in Kamari was between 3-4 euros.

The hill leading upto the hotel is fairly steep. but it only takes about 5-10 minutes to get to the resort centre and beach.

Our recomendation for meals would be, if you like Italian definately try the Balcony which you will see is on the road leading down to the beach also there is a one a few doors prior to this which has a lovely Garden out the back (it's on the same side as the balcony). Generally all of the food we ate out there was quite nice but please do me and yourselve's a favour and DO NOT eat in a fish restaurant along the front called Summertime. We got ripped off in there paying nearly 100 euros for a meal that was very poor.

Hope this information is ok, and we hope you have a lovely time like we did and if you want to ask me anything else feel free to do so.

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

Thanks Sow

I really was beginning to wonder why no-one was posting about this hotel when it looked so good on their web site!

Any trips you recommend?

Sow
East Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

We hired a moped and travelled around the Island. Oia was one of the most amazing places I have seen if you go there try and have a drink or something to eat at a place called Seagull it was really nice with amazing views and very reasonable.

We also got the boat from Kamari to Perissa but that wasn't that good, there wasn't a lot there.

We went upto the top of the mountain near our Hotel to a place called Ancient Thira but when we got there it was closed! Luckily for us we went on the moped so it wasn't as bad as it could have been as a lot of people walk up. You'll know what I mean when you see the size of the Mountain.

Feel free to ask anything else

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Perissa
Perissa
Santorini, Greece
Hotel Thira and Apartments
Hotel Thira and...
211 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

I remember that mountain, or rather a particularly nasty donkey that got me up it. Do they still do the donkey rides?

My husband has the mad idea of running up it one morning before it gets too hot. Is the mountain road far from the hotel? I realise the hotel is set in the side of it somewhere but quite sure where!

I did think of another thing - is there a supermarket close by or do the hotel do breakfasts?

Are you going to write a full review of the hotel?

Sow
East Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

Hi

You can still get the Donkey's up the hill or you can get a minibus, your husband must be mad if he wants to run up it!!!

The breakfasts in the hotel are only ok it's the same thing every day bread, cheese, ham, boiled eggs, cereals (milk is a bit disgusting though)

The supermarket is at the bottom of the hill, about a 5 minute walk.

I may have a picture from the hotel looking looking out to kamari which might put it into perspective for you or do you want it to be a suprise?

Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aegean View Studios and Apartments Kamari

My husband is mad! We both run but I may limit myself to a slow trot along the front which I recall isn't so far and I'll definitely be walking up the hill to the hotel!

What do they charge for the breakfasts as the kids will almost certainly insist on eating there at least once? We arrive at some unearthly hour thanks to a change in the flights so it will probably be the first day!!

Would love to see the photo.