We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise on resorts

Manchester
1 post
Save Topic
Advise on resorts

I am looking at going to Santorini next year for 2 weeks in the summer but have no idea on the resorts etc. Hubby and i want somewhere reasonably quiet (no nightclubs etc) just a nice selection of restaurants & bars/tavernas, a nice beach.

Can anyone recommend any resorts or hotels.

Many thanks.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise on resorts

We chose Perivolos-we leave in 16 days not that I am counting-for the same reasons,although nice beach?? is there one? coarse black sand I am told, I went on to different travel agents web sites and looked at the write ups/photos on different areas-trouble is they ALL looked nice, then tried to choose a hotel which was nearly as difficult, just hope I have chosen well-the write ups on here are brill and should give you some very good ideas.

Fira
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advise on resorts

Look in trip advisor, especially the first 10 hotels, all of them are really good, (not that the others are not)and you will see where you want to stay, just for your knowledge is better to stay in Fira as is more central and you can move around easier.

And do not thing that the hotels in caldera area are noisy, they are not. Ok in the back side of fira probably are a bit noizy especially during pick time.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advise on resorts

Focus your Search on kamari and Perissa/Perivolos Beaches. Use "Kamari Beach Hotels" and Perissa Beach Hotels" as your keywords here in the TA search window and on google.com.

middx
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advise on resorts

hi just got back from santorini stayed at santo miramare resort thru thompsons near perissa would highly recommend quiet location right on beach lovely staff, maids every day free safes in room and free air conditioning. resort spotless staff fab no complaints.

beach is volcanic black shingle sand resort has own private beach free umbrellas. hired car 12 euros a day from ankor fabulous rates cheapest around.

drove round island in day lovely villages to visit

need anymore info email me micknsue1@btinternet.com

5. Re: Advise on resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 16:20