We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Route in Santorini

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Route in Santorini

Hello, my boyfriend & I will be in Santorini for 7 days at the end of August. I've read alot about the many wineries on the island. We'd like to spend one afternoon visiting 4 or 5 wineries, but wondered if anyone has a map with a wine route plotted on it? (ie- several good wineries close together). They don't need to be the biggest wineries, even some small wineries would be nice. They can be within walking distance of each other or a short bike or scooter ride between them. Your help is appreciated..thanks!

athens
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Route in Santorini

You better rent a bike for the day and visit 3 nice wineries on the way to Akrotiri: *Santo wines

*Antoniou winnery and *Boutari winnery. There are close to each other and you better visit in the morning between 10am-4pm to make sure that you get a tour inside. You may have to pay from 3-4euros each for winetasting but its worth it. Take a map from any travel agency. If you have time, across the Boutari winnery there is alittle village called "Megalochori" very traditional where you can find also "Gavalas winnery".

All these winneries are in the same route, so you can do it in the same day.

Enjoy it and drive safe after the winetasting:)

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Route in Santorini

in megaloxori you find boutari and gavalas is very closed. around megaloxori closed the pirgos village you find xatzidaki-santo winery and antonioy, in exo gonia koytsogianopoylos and roussos and in oia the sigalas winery. I propose you the santowinery and gavalas But the most eco wines and quality for me, wines has the 'xatzidakis'' you find him in pirgos village on the road to monastery.

now in megaloxori I propose to visit too the athentic smaull winery like-arvaniti antoni on the road in megaloxori entrance, damaskinos ioannis very very nice traditional winery , and sirigos ioannis too taste the ''visanto''. We cut the grapes for wines at start from 17-20august, you visit the santorini nice period you can to see ''how we doing the wines''.

nyc
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Route in Santorini

I went to various websites:

winetourism.santorini.net

greeka.com wineries tab

List of all wineries and the villages they are near. Some list the roads to take.

Then I printed the large pdf that BrotherLeeLove posted and plotted all of the wineries on this map.

I'm sure that a formal map is availalable with the wineries once we get to island but this gave me an opportunity to do a little research and get to know the areas I'll be driving through.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Route in Santorini

"I'm sure that a formal map is availalable with the wineries once we get to island"

I'm not..........but I hope you find one.

5. Re: Wine Route in Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 12:21