We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

I am going to Greece with 3 of my girlfriends in late August/early September and our first stop is Santorini. We want to get an Aegean flight out to Santorini on the same day we fly into Athens from the US. However, cost is an issue and there is only 1 flight left (at 5am) with the "economy" fare. Do they usually add more flights as it gets closer to the summer? Or is this it?

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

There aren't any guarantees but judging by past years that's it. These forums are full of people hanging on and hanging on waiting for that elusive cheaper fare, and ending up paying top dollar (or Euro in this case).

You are going at peak time, grab whats going if the fare is acceptable, (and the time, thats ugly at least it gets you a whole day in Santorini thats got to be worth something?), **and then never ever even think** of checking the fares again..... but if their summer flights are full at high prices, why would they put extra flights on at lower prices when they know they can get the higher ones??

(Some guy from OZ recently reported seeing the bargain restricted prices and actually hung on for a few weeks in case they fell (at what would be closer to peak season :-) Needless to say he ended up paying 50% more.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

"Or is this it?" Probably.

Aegean offers Saver fares for the less popular flights, and who wants to fly out of Athens at 5:35am? Answer: people looking for cheap flights. ;o)

August is high season, so don't count on Aegean adding a Saver fare to a later flight. Anything is possible, though.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

Aegean will have to make contact with the local Greek market at one point probably around early June when Greeks are finalising their holidays. I seriously doubt though that you'll get more of a early am saver deal, more of a possibility of an additional late saver flight and possibly better semi flex deals. These are "snatched up" so fast by the local agents, you really don't have a chance if you're not on the ball. BLL usually is, and kindly informs everyone on the forums of this occurrence. My advice however, is grab a deal when you see it, {just like a Greek saying we have..because you don't know when you'll see it again..}

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

Thanks for your input! Just the push I needed to get me to book the flights and be done with it!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,030 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

But I don't catch every sale so you need to keep a sharp eye out for the bargains yourself!

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
797 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

book it now scout saves ya so much money and time flying athens to santorini,if u took into account the time youve travelled to port and if ya like me ! i eat alot i spend so much on food and drink on ferrys ,that it ends up around the same price as a flight lol

oioi

ios island

Marquette, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

Right now, if I book, I could go to Santorini on May 23 or 26th with 4 different flight options for $126 one way, minus the 5:35am flight (of course I won't want to fly then). What are the chances that this fare could come down? Should I book now or wait??

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,030 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

I'm fairly certain all the saver fares for May have been sold already. Take what you can get now.

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

Hello, I think that Aegean Airlines is the cheapest airline company for trips inside Greece and sometimes they offer special rates for early booking. It's true there is a flight arriving in Santorini early in the morning but there are plenty more during the day as well, don;t know if they are economy though. Take a look at Olympic Airways as well, they usually aren't cheaper than Aegean but you may find a flight. Here are the links for both airlines.

http://www.aegeanair.com/

http://www.olympicairlines.com/

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,030 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Aegean air flights from Athens to Santorini

I just received an email notice from Aegean Airline announcing the addition of more saver fares to the islands. I looked for a date in May and found a return trip from Athens to Santorini for 78 euro, all taxes included.