We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fira or Oia?

Beijing
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Fira or Oia?

I'll be arriving at Santorini at 6pm on Jun 19 from Mykonos by ferry and leaving for Athens on an early flight on Jun 21, ie. only two nights in Santorini (or one full day)! Where shall I stay? Oia or Fira? I'm thinking of staying at Oia and go to explore Fira (and the rest of Santorini??) on the next day. But as Oia is best for sunset, I have to hurry back to Oia before 7pm. Does it sound reasonable?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fira or Oia?

Welcome GOnghuangfu:-) Fira is the capital, hub and nightlife central..Oia is a small village..magical and for the most part quieter except when the cruise ships pull in and at sunset! Appears you may just be able to make that sunset on your arrival on the 19th;-) Personally, I'd opt for Oia and and spend your one full day touring Fira and surrounds..always nice to return to Oia for evenings! Enjoy!

Beijing
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fira or Oia?

Thanks for your advice Litsa. I'll then focus on my hotel search at Oia.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fira or Oia?

for one day I propose you oia,if you want to feel the santorini stay in oia and watch the sunset from castlle,watch the caldera from one coffee bar and eat fish in amoudi bay.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fira or Oia?

Our pleasure;-) Am sure if you provide a budget-spread, you'll get some great recommendations here on places to stay! Keep enjoyin'!

5. Re: Fira or Oia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2009, 06:19