We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what area to stay at?

Moscow
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
what area to stay at?

Some expert advice needed! We are travelling to Santorini with my bf June 20-30 and we are a little confused about a place to stay. Our ideal holiday would be staying on the beach on the morning and going out at nights. Where do we go to have both? At first I thought that it would be great to stay at Fira o Oia, lovely towns, gorgeous sunsets, but I think there is no access to the sea at these towns, is this true? Will we have to go to the beach by car/bus? In this case we prefer perhaps to stay on the very shore - to go to the beach on the morning - but we would however avoid going to Kamari or other main touristic areas, so comes another question - is there an area in Santorini with beautiful sea, queit little bays and few people? Any nice hotels or boungalows? Our budget is 100-150 Euro per night. Many thanks

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,986 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what area to stay at?

Monolithos Beach, Baxedes Beach and Vourvoulos Beach are quiet. You'll need a rental vehicle if you stay at Baxedes or Vourvoulos. Perivolos and Vlichada Beaches are on the south end of Perissa Beach and are within walking distance to Perissa's nightlife. Vlichada is the furthest away from Perissa.

http://www.santorini-web.com/map.pdf

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what area to stay at?

vlyxada is smaull bay with nice beach and few people has there one spa hotel(out of yours bunget and I dont propose you) and some rooms rental , now I dont remember the name.for you is the place where you looking.

other In coloumbos beach(closed to oia) nice beach and quite (coloumbo is the second volcano dowhn of sea) there has and one taverna

http://soulis-apartments.com/index%20en.html

Other- oia has beaches is from other side of caldera(baxedes) and on caldera(amoudi -katharos).east side of oia is the baxedes beach there has cheap hotels like ''En plo'' on the beach , another hotel where isnot on caldera and not on beach but has good reviews is ''anemoessa'' .

Moscow
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what area to stay at?

Thank you for advice, I had a nice impression of the pics Kouloumbos I could find on the net...

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,986 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what area to stay at?

The problem with Kouloumbos and Baxedes is that sometimes, because of the currents, the beaches are strewn with flotsam from the sea, including dead seagrasses which attract sand flies.

5. Re: what area to stay at?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 06:17