We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

May 14th, which was a very hot day in Santorini, my friend and I rented a Smartcar and explored the island. We stopped in Perissa for lunch and read menus in the restaurants along the beachfront until we found Ntomatini which offered lots of light "mezze" dishes in a very appealing space. We ordered Dolmades, stuffed with rice and herbs (the herbs are grown just outside the back door), Dakos (a sort of Greek bruschetta), Rissole of tomatoes (a fritter which they also offer with zucchini or leeks), and a hummus made from fava beans.....the fava are boiled, pureed and then mixed with olive oil, capers, sweet red onion and lemon juice......different, interesting and delicious. There are many other things on the menu which I would like to have tried had I been there at night when it was cooler. I can't remember exactly what the bill came to but it was very reasonably priced.

The owners, Kostas and Lisa Psyroukis, are a super nice couple who met and married in the US. Lisa is an American but Kostas is origionally from Santorini and they have decided to make their home and raise their two children there. The restaurant had only been open about a month. Kostas has an artistic flair and the restaurant has lots of beautiful work in it that he has fashioned from driftwood and old vines. It is just a few steps from the Verdura Hotel.

I hardly leave home anymore without checking TA to see where I should stay, what restaurant to choose, what to see and do etc., and am very grateful to the many people who take the time to answer questions and post opinions.....pro and con. I hope some of you will try the Ntomatini and will enjoy it as much as we did. Introduce yourselves to Lisa and Kostas; you will like them a lot.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

Great feeback PX2241 and thanks for taking the time to share your find with everyone:-) Sounds great..am hopeful it will come in useful for newcomers (as well as us oldtimers) heading over/back to Santorini! Trust you're entire stay was wonderful and you totally enjoyed!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

...sorry..'suppose to be 'feedback';-) Enjoyin'!

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

Dear perissa hasnot hotel with name verdura

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

I ate there for the first time the other night. It was slightly more expensive that I've been paying so far but not enough that it made a lot of difference.

I had the tomato rissoles (tomato balls) as I think that any restaurant on Santorini worthy of the name should be able to produce decent tomato balls, and very nice they were too, crisp on the outside and light and fluffy in the middle, served with a dollop of a spicy tomato and chill sauce - a nice touch I thought. I had meatballs to follow and they were ok too - you can't go far wrong with meatballs and these did everything they were expected to.

As a 'freebie' I was given a small dish of yoghurt and honey which was delicious. the only criticism was that they don't do small bottles of water, only the litre bottles.

Will I go back? Probably.

Martin

Santorini
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

where exactly is that place located Martin? I've never seen it.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

It's on the main beach road, next to Charlinas. I can't remember the name of the place on the other side. you can's miss it - it's pale green and white with a large tomato as the logo.

Martin

Santorini
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

Thanks a lot! I'll have to check it out ;-)

BTW, if you haven't been there before, try "E Avli" I'm certain it's according to your taste!

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

Where's that gat0s?

Santorini
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

It's in Perivolos, right across the small lane from the former Taj Mahal (which is closed now).

The sign is in Greek only and reads η αυλή. It's not a restaurant but a small and cosy Ouzerie, they serve the most delicous mezes. Enjoy!

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: NTOMATINI - new restaurant in Perissa

Oops, so sorry........the Ntomatini is located close to the Vegera Hotel ......not Vedura as I origionally said.