We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations in Santorini (Caldera view)

New York, NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations in Santorini (Caldera view)

Can anyone offer hotel recommendations on the west side of the island (fira and north to oia). Will be there in early Sept with my hubby (considered high or mid season).

- number 1 requirement is probably a comfy bed

- would like hotel (not necessarily our room but that would be nice of course) to have views of the caldera

-a couple of decent amenities would be great

- clean, clean, clean!!!

- will go a bit over 200 euros per night if we have to.

Have seen quite a few that looked interesting including Majestic, Marizan and Galaxy, but reviews then slammed the hotels for something or another that we couldn't work with (Marizan for example, only open at 8am, we may arrive earlier). Well-reviewed hotels like Anastasis Apartments are already booked.

Would really appreciate the help as it's a special trip for my husband and don't want to disappoint.

Thanks all!

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations in Santorini (Caldera view)

look too http://www.santorinivillas.net/

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations in Santorini (Caldera view)

Try here as well:

http://www.loucashotel.gr/

- Excellent Caldera Views

- More than a couple of decent ammenities

- CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN

- Less than 200 euros per night

- 24 hour reception - no matter when you arrive you will be expected plus you may request for transfer services (at an additional cost)

- Specify the "comfy beds" with the reservations department first.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations in Santorini (Caldera view)

<<Marizan for example, only open at 8am, we may arrive earlier)>>

How much earlier? Can you sit at a cafe and have breakfast? Or are you arriving off a 1am ferry or similar?

New York, NY
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations in Santorini (Caldera view)

Thanks Joe and everyone,

Joe your suggestion about sitting at a cafe is great and helped us. I'm hoping we can hire someone affordable to pick us up from the airport and drive us around to give us a quick overview of the island for an hour. That way we can stay at Marizan for our first night. For the rest of our stay we were able to get a room at Sun Rocks in Firostefani, which is more central. Like the idea of hedging our bets as well. Hope either or both hotels live up to their reputations.

Thanks again for your suggestions and help.

Very much appreciated.

england
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations in Santorini (Caldera view)

aria suites. ticks every box, but might be a bit over budget depending how well you beg (i begged hard ;-) it is amazing, they clean almost too well (clean everything everyday - twice a day unless you send the maid packing at night like we did. even windows are cleaned every morning. they're always carrying a paint pot around, just in case anything needs touching up. the beds are amazing. the comfiest sleeps ive had in ages. king size (bigger than double - i dont know what that size is classed as elsewhere). under quilts, goosedown pillows (or not if you're allergic), very lush quilts. mmm. al a carte champagne brekky on your balcony when you request. caldera view from every room, and from the pool, and right in front of the hotel. however this is towards the 'left' of the caldera, so it is caldera view, not sunset view. you just have to walk a few seconds up into fira to see that. or there's a bar/restaurant right next door that has sunset. its a nice view, anyway.

it has a pool, pool bar, supermarkets/restaurants/bars nearby, is central fira but in a quiet spot, near bus station, staff will organise anything you want.

the staff have never been in my top priorities before, they are now, because these staff made our holiday so special. i seriously cannot rate them, or the hotel in general, enough.

please give them a try. we had the BEST time on our wedding/honeymoon the last few weeks.

6. Re: Hotel recommendations in Santorini (Caldera view)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 05:17