We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

Hi All

We are going to Perivolos at the end of the month for 2 weeks (can't wait!!) and staying at the Iliada Studios. It will just be myself and my 10yr old Son.

I don't drive and was wondering if the buses are reliable and easily accessible? We have been to alot of the other Greek Islands and bus networks have been good.

If possible I would like to stick to the buses and not hire a taxi to get around.

I have also read somewhere that there is a good tour operator in Perivolos, which is where I would prefer to book day trips etc, rather than going through the First Choice Tour Operator.(I would rather all my cash go to the local people!!!)

Many thanks for your help!

Denise

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
83 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

Good morning!

We went to Santorini and stayed at the Iliada a couple of years ago.

Lovely studios, with a super little bar and great, clean, pool.

If you turn right out of the studio entrace and walk up to towards the small shop, there is a bus stop there (with a timetable) and you can catch the bus into Thira. Recommened. (We also booked a one night stay at a Hotel in Thira so we could relax and enjoy the town at our leisure)

Turn right out of the studios and in about 3 minutes you are at the beach! If you turn left you can walk into Perissa - not long, honest!

Not sure about excursions from Perivolos but I am pretty sure you will be able to sort something there or in Perissa.

Try and get up to Oia, far prettier than Thira.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
83 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

picasaweb.google.com/Saffy1999/SANTORINI2007…

Have a look at my pics ... there are a good few of Perivolos and Perissa and a few of the studios.

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

Hi Saffy

Thanks for the info!

Your photographs are amazing, thank you, but now my Son is even more excited!!

I like the idea of staying in Thira for one night, may look into prices...........

Many thanks again.

Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

Hi denise,

not far from your hotel is accordo travel whom i can recomend for tours as i have dealt with them many times. The bus stop for fira is also there :)

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

Bus timetable

http://www.ktel-santorini.gr/

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

That's great! Thank you.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

Your welcome

Hope you have a great time, I'm sure you will. We will be there next Tuesday, can't wait.

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

Have a great time!

9. Re: Perivolos - Illiada Studios - July 30th 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 05:18