We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volcano tour without hot spring

CyberJaya
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Volcano tour without hot spring

Can I get the tour package which is only go to Volcano but not hot spring in Santorini early October?

How much the package cost?

Can I bring camera along this tour?

I read that need a good swimmer to swim to hot spring from boat, and I consider that I am not a good swimmer, so I am worry I couldn't swim well in the sea.

Anybody can advise me on this?

Thanks

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

I think that all of the package call at the springs, but you don't have to swim to them if you don't want to. I'm not a strong swimmer either and on the time I did the volcano tour I stayed on the boat - in fact most people stayed on the boat.

A camer is an absolute must!

No idea on cost, shop around when you get to Santorini. Also, this topic has been discussed many many times on this forum, do some basic searches ad you'll find the same questions as your have been asked on numerous occasions.

Martin

Melbourne
Level Contributor
212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

Hi Bylim, someone provided me with this link in one of my threads and is highly rated. Depends on your budget and all, but I know I will be booking this tour when I am over there next May. :)

http://www.santorinisailing.com/rates.htm

CyberJaya
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

Thanks Tiffany_Melb.

I still consider what kind of tour would I like to take. Anyway have a nice trip next May :)

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
107 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

we were in santorini last week and i highly recommend the santorini sailing excursions... great crews, great food, great scenary, and swimming is optional... where they tie up for cooking and eating dinner is very calm water and would be a good spot for all swimmers... the semi-private (8 people max) that we did was 150 euros/person (worth it, but expensive)... they have a cheaper option on their larger 'dreamcatcher' boat that is 90 euros and i think they sail with 20+ people.

good luck, enjoy!

australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

I went on the volcano hot springs and island stop(Thirasia) tour. I was very disapointed with it. The hot springs was pointed to us from the boat and we were advised that our swimmers would discolour if we went in! Hardly any one went. I have been to hot springs elsewhere this is just murky water with a few bubles not very good at all. The island stop was basically an island lunch stop,The tour guide recomends Big Johns and tells you if you eat anywhere else you could get sick. Do not beleave them they have arangement . Go to the local tavernas who have amazing food. Do not worry about the hot springs just enjoy the day out. Try the windmill we had amazing calamarie there enjoy

Firostefani, Greece
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

Check with a travel agency on the island that sells excursions. If I remember correctly there is one that only goes to the volcano.

australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

There is a travel agent called Joy on the main road. Unfortunately she sold me the boat tour that she is a guide on. See my previous thread this was the one where she insisted we all eat at big johns or we she advised we would be sick. Please be weary that the local tavernas are much better. Do not go with their recomendations because they are afiliated. This is so unfair to the family businesses.Their are a couple of travel agents. The sailing one is by far the best tour a bit more expensive with less people.

Have fun.

Sydney, NSW
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

Where do the hot springs tours leave from?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
611 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

We did the volcano tour last week, and although the boat did stop at the hot springs (and for another short swimming stop), we did not get off (about 30% of the people stayed on the boat; the boat probably had about 40 or so people on it - We used http://www.santorini-cruises.com and enjoyed the tour very much - it was 50 euro a person and included the volcano hike (wear hat and sneakers), the 2 swimming stops, appetizers and wine, a sunset and a trumpet player...it was fun.

michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Volcano tour without hot spring

The tours of the caldera are well worth the cost. There are a wide variety of vessels that you can take. We did a semi-private sunset catamaran tour. Wonderful! The stop to swim to the hot springs is however, forgettable. Only a few of us did it and while the swim was enjoyable the hot springs were nothing special at all. Stay on the boat and have another complimentary drink.