We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying out of Santorini

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
flying out of Santorini

I see that flying to Athens is the usual. How about other places-Sicily? Croatia? Interested in visiting either instead of flying back to Athens as doing at front end of the trip. Advice?

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flying out of Santorini

You will be flying "back" to Athens anyway, especially when heading to Croatia from Santorini, whether your plane touches down in Athens or not. Changing planes is a necessity, since there isn't a great deal of traffic between Sicily or Croatia and Santorini. Hard to advise you how to go about it without knowing details of your trip (not even when you will be travelling) but it may make more sense to see Croatia/Sicily/any other place before Santorini.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying out of Santorini

From 6/1 to 9/30 there are several charter flights from Santorini to major European cities. For example, it is possible to fly from Ljubljana to Santorini and vice versa on Fridays for 299 EUR.

Also, from July to September, Easyjet flies from Santorini to Rome and Milan at least three times a day. In summer months Rome and Milan are connected to Dubrovnik and several other places on the Croatian coast (I'm not sure, but maybe also Zadar and Pula).

Edited: 27 September 2010, 09:35
Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying out of Santorini

still planning-but your answer helped-I kinda figured back to Athens, but thought I would ask! Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
4. Re: flying out of Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 06:54