We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Different Type Of Afternoon

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
A Different Type Of Afternoon

I was just completing a Kamari-Prygos-Kamari hike when I was offered a ride to Ioa, from Spiros owner of the Boat House. Well he sais he was doing a catering job at the church right before Ioa, on the cadela. Well I figured it would be interesting as it was a Greek baby's Christian, or something like that. Well the ride uo their, extreme top of the cliff, was scary to say the least. Once up there it was really something special, the church, the views, and how well everthing was arranged and run. What was really nice to see was that the couple, and Sprios, were giving all the hikers comming by free drinks. I've only seen one such event, a roof top wedding in Fira, but this place and the food were tops. FYI, Fira isn't the only place for an event on the cadlela, seems after a total of 5 yrs and some 15 wks of vacation here I'm still learning!

Oh, the Greek food was really great, LOLs, I think I meantioned that before! Thanks to all!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Different Type Of Afternoon

Opps, that was Sprios from the Boat House hotel, not to confuse with the Boat House Restarant, which both are near each other in Kamari. Anyway, point being that it was really nice to see. BTW, are there other, Off the beatten path, places that hold these types off events? I would imagine the upper reaches of Prygos would be a great place to hold an event, esp' around sunset!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,495 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Different Type Of Afternoon

Did you take advantage of the free drinks? lol!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Different Type Of Afternoon

Just two glasses of wine, LOLs,it was a very interesting event, the Greeks know how to enjoy the beauty of their island.And I couldn't help but towonder how they thought to put a church way up there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A Different Type Of Afternoon

Probably to be closer to God and as far away from invaders/pirates etc. as possible.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Different Type Of Afternoon

It sure takes some effort to get there, but once there it's one of a kind!

6. Re: A Different Type Of Afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 06:17