We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weddings

Batley, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
weddings

Hi

im trying to arrange my wedding in santorini and wondered if anyone could recommend a hairdressers, photographer and florist!! ive been looking and some of the prices are ive been quoted are extrememly high!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weddings

It is an expensive place to get married and like anywhere else in the world, mention the word wedding and the price goes up by 30%!!

London, England
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weddings

Are you using a wedding planner? If so, sometimes these services come under a package cost and can work out cheaper.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weddings

I recall a thread last yr where someone asked about wedding reciptions at two different Kamari restaurants. The person stated that the price they got from the Spring restaurant was a lot lower then the price they got from Almira restaurant. I among others stated that Almira would be the better choice if it was within there budget. Both give you a very good deal, you get what you pay for, Almira being more up-scale. I would suggest you get prices then chose one and then do a re-post just to make sure there's no issues with the restaurant. I'm sure you will find nearly all of Kamari's restaurants to be fairly good to very good deals, considering there short season. I would think that an area such as Fira would have more of a chance for getting ripped off?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
187 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weddings

Hello Keljohno,

Our choices for August:

Wedding venue: Hotel Dana Villas, Fira

Restaurant: Almira, Kamari

Hairdressers: LALIQUE santorini.gr/EN/companies/Hair-Dressing.html, Kamari

Photographers: Nathan Wyatt.

All of them very flexible.

Batley, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weddings

yeah looking at the wedding planners "bridal consultants" as they have representatives in yorkshire and santorini.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
350 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weddings

For photo's you have

Naythan Wyatt

Photo teck Santorini

Creative Shotz.com

Florist you have to come to the island in order to book something and you will find some cheap ones in the main square of Fira and one in Messaria.

For hair dresser I only know Stela in Fira.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weddings

Another photographer - http://santorini-weddingphotographer.com/

San Diego...
Level Contributor
19 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weddings

Our choices for June wedding:

Photographer - Magnus Bogucki

Hair - myself, with help from a bridesmaid

Florist - Annoula, shop in Messaria

Restaurant - Fanari Restaurant in Fira

Excited about it all!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weddings

Flowers- wedding planned (Maria at Kivotos, who was lovely) arranged them for us and they were great.

Photographer was Nathan Wyatt and he was brilliant, I LOVE my photos!

Restaurant was Sphinx and all guests enjoyed their meal very much and it was all lovely.

Did my own hair.. thought it best to keep it natural.. youre in such beautiful, naturally lovely surroundings and i saw lots of brides who looked too 'done up'.. and it looked a bit stupid.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: weddings

I got married there last august and everything was arranged by our wedding planner. I highly recommend her. Kristy at www.weddingsantorini.com (Kivotos Travel).

I used fake flowers because the minimum was $100 for a simple bouquet that i would have had to get rid of right after the wedding because we were on a cruise ship. However - i was told these are some florists on the island (in fira ''Margarita'' +30 2286024720, +30 6973871270

in mesaria village ''santorini s' flowers'' +30 2286033520, +30 2286032450). There are some pretty amazing fake flowers i found online but i can't remember the website.

Clive Wright was our photographer and he was AMAZING and very reasonably priced (300 euro i believe) http://www.clivepix.gr/main.html.

I wish i did my own hair. I had it done on the cruise ship and she didn't do at all what i wanted and then everything fell out the moment I got on the island because it was like 100 degrees. I did my own makeup and everyone loved it - I agree with katelove - it's best to keep it natural.

Good luck! And Congratulations!