We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

Busto Garolfo
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

Good Morning,

I am trying to see how I can book a ferry from Santorini to Anafi and return for a one day trip around August 20th. Actually, I can't find ferries leaving in the morning and returning in the afternoon.

I accept any suggestion about the way to proceed:

- ferry services

- private boat service (if not too expensive)

- any suggestion

Thanks in advance for your help.

Silvia

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

Check the ferry schedules here: http://www.gtp.gr

Hiring a private boat will be extremely expensive.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

The only way to do a day trip from Santorini to Anafi is to use the Vitzensos Kornaros on a Tuesday but in theory it leaves Santorini at 06:40 (in reality it will very likely be later than that as it often runs late)!!! The return from Anafi is at 16:00 on the same ferry.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Busto Garolfo
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

Thank you very much for your info. I checked in the web the Vitzensos Kornaros timetable, but I can not find it. Do you have any website to suggest?

I also checked the website suggested from Brotherleelove, but there are no return one day trip from Santorini to Anafi. Please give me some more info.

I would really like to go visiting this island and, if possible, I would like to book in advance or understand how to move once I am there..

One more question: My husband and I will be in Santorini for about 10 days, we wanted to do some day trips and I would like to ask your suggestion about what to see.

Thanks,

Silvia

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

You don't need to book in advance as the ferry will be very empty from Santorini to Anafi as it's the last leg of the journey. Just visit any travel agency when you are in Santorini; you can't miss them - they all have boards outside advertising ferry times.

You can find ferry times on various webistes, eg this one: www.gtp.gr

Edited: 18 July 2011, 13:17
Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

I'm sorry but you will not be able to go to Anafi on a day trip unless you hire a private boat. There may have been ferry options available in the past but definitely not this summer.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

"There may have been ferry options available in the past but definitely not this summer."

This is misleading. It is not possible to make a daytrip from Santorini to Anafi, but there are still ferries running there a few days each week.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

When I said that there may have been some options available in the past it was in reference to doing a day trip, not to Santorini being connected to Anafi by ferry because it's rather obvious that it is.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

Ozzlem & Brotherleelove,

I think you are both wrong. It IS possible to do a day trip from Santorini to Anafi but only if you are prepared to get up very early. You can use the Vitzensos Kornaros on a Tuesday which leaves Santorini at 06:40. It then waits at Anafi until it returns to Santorini at 16:00.

Edited: 18 July 2011, 19:13
Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

I stand corrected!

london
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Anafi

I myself also feel like to visit Anafi on 24/9/2011 as it's the Lonely Planet's author 3rd top find Greek island. Quoted fr Lonely Planet Mar 2010, in summer , Anafi has reasonable connections to Piraeus, Santorini etc.

Boat service fr Thira (Santorini) to Anafi, 1hour, Euro8, 5 weekly.

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Hotel Thira and Apartments
Hotel Thira and...
211 Reviews
Santorini, Greece