We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental cars!!

vaasa
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental cars!!

Hi !! any idea which car rental is best in town.. and please advice me me which is best to book for a day tour..Tour operator i meant that...one more thing is it safe to rent and drive around the island?hows the roads..driving for the first time.first time visitor too...

Santorini Royal Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Food Tours
Santorini Port Super Shuttle
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Nst Santorini Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Thira Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental cars!!

If you are staying in Oia go to Vazeos Car Rentals. If you're staying in Fira go to Spiridakos or Tony's. Spiridados also has an office at the ferry port. There are many others but I know these are good. Don't rent from Odysseys. The roads are safe. The only real dangerous road is the main road between Imerovigli and Oia. But there is also a second road along the far shoreline that is flat and straight.

Tours: http://www.mysantorini.com

Mentioned in this post
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Imerovigli
Imerovigli
Santorini, Greece
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,811 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental cars!!

Just back from Santorini and driving around was easy. It is not a big island so you are fine with a simple map. If you make a mistake, it does not add much time to your journey. There seems to be a car rental outfit every 100 yards.

Edited: 04 October 2011, 16:42
Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental cars!!

You can use Santorini car rental, they have an office direct at the harbor. Good prices, good service and it saves time to search in Fira. Find them with google or facebook

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
vaasa
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental cars!!

thank you so much for all the information..........now im a bet confident to drive around ,knowing its safe and not that bad road at all...

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental cars!!

in perissa I proppose accordo rentacar.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental cars!!

Tony's

Rent A Car & Moto

Fira -Santorini-Greece

Tell 0030---2286022863 Fax 0030--2286024113

www.santorini.com/rentals/tonys

travel-to-santorini.com/hotels/…hotelthira

email thiragr@otenet.gr

owner: Dacoronias Antonis

See my other posting today. As for driving, I drove all over Greece and found it very stressful. Cars pass on double lines, streets are narrow, there are limited signs and parking can be a problem. I stopped a lot and pointed to the map. The Greeks are wonderful and try to help direct by pointing if they don't speak your language.

If you have someone who can share the driving that would help. My mother is 80 years old, and she was a difficult passenger based upon what I related. Having said the above, driving gives you a lot of freedom to see things other tourists may not.

Mentioned in this post
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Princeton,nj
Level Contributor
126 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental cars!!

We rented quad from odyssey office on the road from firostefani to oia and had no issues with them. The owner gave us good price and even dropped us off at fira when we returned the quad. His wife is a charming woman and even brought us her own homemade fruit punch while we were waiting.

Mentioned in this post
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,811 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental cars!!

Seems everyone has their favorite. You don't want to go far to rent it. Just ask your hotel who they recommend close by. There should be a good one within walking distance.

9. Re: Rental cars!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 08:22