We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

Hi - My friend and I are coming to Santorini from May 2 - May 5. We want to stay in a 5-star hotel and are willing to pay around $200/night. I keep reading about Oia and Fira on this site but there is nothing about Imerovigli.

We cannot decide between the following but are also open to other suggestions.

Majestic Hotel - Fira

Tholos Resort - Imerovigli

Santorini Princess - Imerovigli

Can you please help. We would like a very nice view. Does the Majestic really have a view of the caldron - some of their reviews are negative.

Edited: 06 April 2012, 19:20
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

The Hotel Star rating system is a bit of a joke on the islands. Many hotels arbitrarily give themselves the rating they think they deserve and not what they actually are qualified to receive from the GNTO. Of those 3 hotels I recommend you choose between the two hotels in Imerovigli. Both are excellent.

Majestic is on the wrong side of the road for a good view of the caldera, and most of their rooms don't even face in that direction. There is also a lot of traffic passing by heading south out of Fira so it can get noisy there.

Imerovigli is the quietest of the villages overlooking the caldera. There are not many shops or restaurants there and no nightlife other than one or two smal cafes. You can walk to Fira for nightlife but walking back is 1.5 miles uphill. Of course there are buses and taxis if you don't want to walk and don't have a rental car.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

Santorini Princess is located in a remote area and I wouldn't recommend it without a rental car. Tholos would be the better choice as it is directly in the village of Imerovigli.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

Please look at Anastasis if you want a truly wonderful view and the ultimate service.

Jo

California
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

Agree with Jo. Take a look at Anastasis. It's the most magical place we've ever stayed, and the views can't be beat.

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

Anastasis is sold out on our dates unfortunately. So it sounds like the next option is tholos. Thanks so much for your help. I was so confused and couldn't decide.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

I confirm the BLL too

The Hotel Star rating system is a bit of a joke on the islands, you choose with prices and location.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

I don't know about stars or if there re" luxury " type hotels here..it's a more rustic place.. But we're at the "enigma" ..in firas. It's amazing.. On the side if the cliffs overlooking the ocean nd volcano..it's a fab. Experience.. And pretty cool! Room service breakfast and sprightly in the center of town...

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

Imerovigli. www.kaparisantorini.gr awesome place. Its 16th on here in top 30 greek hotels

Only been open a yr.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

Undoubtedly Kapari is a great place but unfortunately not if you like to spend $ 200/night..... ;-(

10. Re: Luxury Hotel Recomendation needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:41