We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prevelis ferry

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Prevelis ferry

we have just returned from island hopping and went on 3 ferries , the prevelis , the artemis and the blue star paros. despite other comments all 4 of us liked the prevelis best and the artemis 2nd . yes the prevelis is old but it inside it is in very good conditions , and it has loads of deck space , and a friendlier crew than the blue star ferry dis

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prevelis ferry

I am wonder about the Prevelis Ferry as well. Comparing to Hellenic Seaways Ferry, which ferry is better? I found from the Hellenic website that it's more expensive than the Prevelis.

If choosing Prevelis, there are a few options of Accommodation Class:

1) LUX

2) LUX - Double Bed

3) A2 outside

4) External Cabin with double bed

5) AH2-U/D Outside

6) AB2 Inside

7) AB3 bed internal

8) AB4 inside

9) Deck

10) Air Seats

Does anyone have diagram or photos of how these class will look like?

Thanks.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
350 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prevelis ferry

most important it's always on time!!!!! and it's a bit cheaper than the Blue Stars

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prevelis ferry

sorry can't help with cabins . we went fron pireaus to santorini in may 2012 and just had deck , took 8 hours . prevelis bit scruffy round the edges outside but we preferred it to the blue star ferries ., more room outside , friendlier , free wifi (you have to pay on blue star) , inside lounges nice. it wasn't busy so could have sat in airline seats if we had wanted (we didn't). you can use any lounge including what used to be first class

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prevelis ferry

To Tuareggs1200: on time is good. Thanks.

To PeterCUk: I read about the Blue Star and unfortunately, it doesn't have the overnight ferry like the Prevelis per our schedule in Sept. I just found out that besides ordering the Ferry ticket from www.ferries.gr, there is another website to order ticket at travel.viva.gr. This website provide more description on the seat class. I believe the air seat is almost like the deck but with cushioning like on the airplane. Our trip is traveling from Santoniri to Pireaus so that we can arrive at 7am. Then we will have to take airplane from Athen airport to Rome the same day at 5pm.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prevelis ferry

The reason Hellenic Seaways tickets might seem so expensive is that I think you're looking at the fares for the highspeed catamarans. Those tickets are approximately double the price compared to conventional car ferries.

Air seats are reserved, aircraft-style reclining seats in indoor lounges. Economy seating is more basic, and the outdoor deck seats are first-come-first-served with no padding.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,813 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prevelis ferry

Clairey_world

The 'Preveli' is a standard conventional ferry, quite old, therefore more reasonably priced than some others.

Hellenic Seaways operate several types of ferry. So not comparable unless you quote exactly what ferry.

There are not really all those 'classes'.

Listed going up in price:

Deck/Economy - Find a seat somewhere inside or outside you are not forced outside.

Aircraft Seat - On the inside, reserved seat same seating as Deck/Economy.

Cabin - These have a number of berths(beds), inside has no porthole/window, outside has.

Lux Cabin - Obviously slightly larger/more comfortable.

That's the basics. The other numbers are just deck nos or lounge nos/name. The aircraft seats are more widely spaced than on an aircraft.

You won't get detailed descriptions, every greek ferry is different.

To book direct go via here:

http://www.anek.gr/

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prevelis ferry

The airline seats are not like deck seats , they are much better than you get on an aeroplane , outside you sit on plastic garden chairs , or they had a few metal garden chairs.

for more information and photos go to the anek lines website via this link and see the photo tour

…anek.gr/portal/…tab_mmu

The catarmarans are likely to be sick making if the sea is a bit choppy , plus there is no outside seating whereas you can sit outside in the dark on the prevelis as it has lights outside.

You can buy tickets in lots of agencies in santorini

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prevelis ferry

To Brotherlee, Retired_Hippy & PeterCUk,

Thank you for your feedback. Also, I have checked the link provided and I found some photos of the ferry. Deck seat is made of bamboo with padding while the Airseat is like cushion found in regular lounge. I guess the cabin may be more suitable for deep sleeper like me. The cons is if any emergency happens, people inside the cabin may be the last one to know. :)

D Z
Calgary, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Prevelis ferry

Do you know if the Prevelis runs on national holidays ie. Greek National Holiday October 28, 2013? If not, how I would find out? Thx!

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prevelis ferry

You can book tickets on their website so if they are running you will be able to book

www.anek.gr/portal/…tab_mmu