We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to sleep at the Santorini ferry dock?

Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to sleep at the Santorini ferry dock?

Due to bus timing i am catching the last ferry to Santorini from Athens. I arrive at 1am (if the ferry is on time) and was considering not getting accommodation for such a short night. I often sleep in airports in situations like this-but I have never done it at a ferry dock. Is there clean and safe inside space or am i crazy?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to sleep at the Santorini ferry dock?

Santorini's port is usually very crowded and hectic.

It's probably a much better idea to use on of the very cheap accommodations offered by the hotel owners who wait at the port. You may be able to get a decent room in Perissa for as much as 25 EUR/night (including a free ride).

Edited: 11 June 2012, 17:30
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,383 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to sleep at the Santorini ferry dock?

Here you can get an idea of the port:

http://tinyurl.com/dcazz3

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to sleep at the Santorini ferry dock?

If you're hoping to find someplace indoors where you can lie down to sleep I seriously doubt that you'll find it at the ferry port. There may be a restaurant open at that late hour but they would not allow you to sleep on the floor.

If the weather is warm enough you might be able to find someplace outside where you can sleep as long as you're willing to take what you can get, but it won't be very comfortable.

Edited: 11 June 2012, 18:26
Greece
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to sleep at the Santorini ferry dock?

Last time i checked in booking dot com there were some accommodations(in perissa) starting from 15 euro/night. I dont find it reasonable to sleep in the ports or the ferries! You can also check couchsurfing dot com, if you are on a (tight) budget.

5. Re: Is it possible to sleep at the Santorini ferry dock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:40