We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King Thira Boat trip, Is it worthwhile???

Valladolid, Spain
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
King Thira Boat trip, Is it worthwhile???

I am thinking about making this trip in Santorini.You spend the afternoon in the boat watching the island around Santorini (Thirasia and the Volcano) and the sunset.Everything accompanied with a buffet dinner.My travel agency offers me for 40 euros per person.I don, t know if it is a good price or take the trip in a Santorini agency.But I have heard that the buffet is some cheese with crakers and a glass of wine.Has anybody make this trip??? Thanks a lot.Regards.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: King Thira Boat trip, Is it worthwhile???

I did the "volcano / Hot springs / sunset" trip last year on 25 euros per person booked by a local agency, just 1 day before.

The buffet was not something special, like some cheese, salad, bread and wine, but i didn't care at all.

The specific trip was one of my highlights there. Perfect views, nice moments and the one of the best sunsets in my life.

Valladolid, Spain
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: King Thira Boat trip, Is it worthwhile???

Thank you Nick, so you advise me that is better to buy the trip in Santorini??? Do you remenber the name of the agency or if they have web site to book it?? Regards.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: King Thira Boat trip, Is it worthwhile???

I did the sunset King Thira cruise and it was magnificent. I dont remember the name of the agency but I just walked up tot he agency in Fira and there was space. WARNING: it does NOT run every day, so dont wait until the last two days to book it; i did that one summer...

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: King Thira Boat trip, Is it worthwhile???

I am sorry. I don't have any adittional web or contact info.

I'd book it there, while many ships do the approximately same trip.

As sumpiusaeneas if you want to feel more "in the safe side" book it not leaving it last moment.

I am always at the risky side, leaving everything last moment but i don't think this is a proper advice. :))

Valladolid, Spain
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: King Thira Boat trip, Is it worthwhile???

Thanks both for your answers.I think the tour only runs from thrusdays to Sundays, I think I will take a look when I will be there.Thanks.